Chapter 11 - Snobbish

I looked at myself in the mirror. We're going out to dinner tonight to celebrate Enzo's twenty first birthday. Yes, he came home from Manila for the weekend.

           I donned a dual-toned grey and olive short sleeveless shift dress and wore a three-inch peep-toe high heeled shoes. I had my hair up on a messy bun secured with a chopstick. Checking out myself from the reflection of the mirror, I knew I don't look fifteen anymore.

(ctto)

(ctto)

          I heard a knock on my door. It's probably Dad again. For the nth time today he'd been asking me to prepare and get dress for dinner. I had run out of excuses not to attend. Nobody knew how much I was trying to stay away from Enzo.

          I was hurt. Just when the time I thought eveything was going to turn out right between the two of us, Melissa happened. With just one call or one snap of her fingers or even just her mere presence, Enzo forgets what we have. Or maybe I should start accepting the fact that I'm really just a little sister to him, and maybe I just have the wrong interpretations of his actions towards me.

          I acted as if what I saw was just nothing to me when I ran off the beach. He followed me to our villa and I feighned a headache that night. He left me to rest when I assured him that I have already taken a medicine which of course, I have not. It was a fake headache, right? I cried myself to sleep thinking on how he was enjoying the rest of the night with Melissa.  God damn it, Kyle! How could you do this to me? Your sister! Why do you have to bring her along? I settled on putting the blame to my brother... in my mind. And with all the tears I've shed, I woke up with a really debilitating headache the following day.

          I opened my door and flinched when I saw who was standing behind it. It was Enzo in all of his splendor. He looked dapper in his white V-necked shirt topped with a gray jacket and denim pants. His sweet smile gone in a second as he gaped at me on my doorway.

(ctto)

(ctto)

          After a few seconds of having our eyes feast on each other, I recovered from my entrancement and snapped my fingers in front of his face. "Hey! Close your mouth and wipe your drool."