Chapter 21 - Fiancé

Enzo's POV

I waited the whole night but there was no Beatrice barging through the door of the study and demanding any explanations on anything. I even stood in front of her, or rather our bedroom door but I curtailed myself from knocking.

Eight years... eight f*cking long years. I would have staked my claim that day she came knocking on my door and confessed her feelings for me. I was sure of my emotions towards her but she was too young then.  Sixteen. Too young to discern if what she feels for me is just mere infatuation and not love.

           I haven't got the chance to explain myself. She fled to her bestfriend's place without taking calls from any of us until I had left. But after that, I had two years of wooing her back. 

I never failed to send her mementos of the times we've spent together, as well as, things I know she would love to have. What she doesn't know is that I have constantly been in touch with her bestfriends.

           If only she had read the notes and letters that I have attached to the packages I've sent, it would not be too hard to explain to her everything now. But Tita Karen told me that all of it had remained unopened until she took the initiative on opening them before Bee's eighteenth birthday, making sure that her daughter would see it.

Her parents knew of my serious intentions on their daughter. I need not prove to them how much I love my bumblebee. They've already seen it through the years. Tita Karen had made it impossible for anyone in the household staff to help Bee when my birthday gift package had arrived two days before the celebration and my surprise arrival. 

          She went there inside alright.  Only to come out later drenched with her own tears, carrying the box of my notes and letters. They have remained unopened when we found that box inside her room when she decided to suddenly disappear two years ago.

          I thought everything was going well when she nonchalantly dismissed that announcement her dad made during her graduation party. We started training her and exposing her to the duties and responsibilities expected of her until she took flight with Jason. Of course, during those two years she was gone, we knew where she was and who she was with. Jason is part of the crew.

My reverie was cut off when my phone rang. I had to answer it immediately so as not to wake up the sleeping dragon beside me. With the advancement of technology, this newly-acquired plane permits voice calls while in flight which I find suitable with the kind of business lifestyle that we have.  Bee had no idea of my recent acquisitions, and this plane is just one of them. She has yet to read the properties named after her, as well as those that were on our name together.

          I don't know what came into her, but she decided that we go back to Manila early in the morning today. Just a few hours before work. We spent breakfast at home in silence yesterday. Then she said she wanted to spend more time with her mom before we leave. I knew she was just making up excuses so I took that time discussing business with her dad. She seemed to have no plans of talking to me when she went straight to her room when we got home last night.

I have began calling them Mom and Dad as well. It all started with just an exchange of banters between us together with Kyle when Bee was away, and I told them that I could just pick her up anywhere and anytime the moment I get bored waiting for her. But I was just giving her time. I knew she loves me since then. A mere infatuation would not last this long for her not to speak to me. I must have had her heart broken when I told her she was too young for me.

Unknown to her mom, the three of us men knew where she was and who she was with. Until Tita Karen found out that she was with Jason. She was infuriated; hence, the hospital confinement resulting from too much stress.  And her dad calling her to come home. She did not bother ask how we got hold of her. She knew someone had been trailing her from the very start.