Chapter 8 - Straddling

Bea @ 15 years old

Enzo's POV

"Why do we have to find X, when it's already an ex? Can't we just move on? And why is it hard to find Y? Why oh why?" She groaned as she rolled on her back and began to get up. We're studying quadratic equations in advance.

"Haha, not funny, Bee." I grabbed her arms when she began to leave the bed. "Oooops, where are you going? We're not done here yet."

"I'm already tired, Enzo. And your bed makes me feel sleepy." She yawned and wiggled her arms away from my grasp. "Can I have another pint of ice cream? Pleaaaasssse." She jumped back on the bed and begged with her puppy eyes while sitting on her knees facing me. Oh my, she looked so adorable.

"That's not gonna work this time, Bee." I got up and straightened my legs as I reclined on the headboard of my bed crossing my arms to stop myself from giving in to her.

"I'm going home then." She held her head up high and stomped her foot going to my walk-in closet to get her shoes.

"Hello? Tito Bob?... Yes, she's going home... at the site?... Okay, I'll bring her there..." I pretended to have called her Dad when her back disappeared from my sight.

"What are you doing?! Noooo!" She ran back to the bed and tried to grabbed my phone. Bea hates being at the job site. She said she's getting "scabies" from the dust to which I and her dad just laughed at.

"Hello? Daddy? Hello?" She said on my phone and frowned at me when she realized that I have just pranked her.

           "You!" Bea leaped at me reaching for my hair. I held her wrists with my two hands keeping them away from my head. Her strength is nothing compared to my well-toned arms.

          For heaven's sake, this is torture! She haven't realized she was straddling my lap and we've been grappling for like a minute or two. "Bee, bee, bee, enough... get up! Now.  Please."

          "Noooo!"

          "Beatrice! Ouch! Ouch! Cramps! Ouch!" I held my upper abdomen. I have to pretend. Otherwise, she'll wake the sleeping dragon in me. "Get off, Bee!"

           "Are you okay, Enzo?" She dismounted from my legs and sat on her knees again. She loved sitting in that position. She didn't know how entrancing she looks.

"Uh... yeah... wait..." I got up from the bed and headed to the bathroom. I needed to cool myself down so I splashed some water on my face.

Bea is turning fifteen next month and she'll be on her ninth grade. Already a certified teen, yet most of the time she acts like a child who still needs hugging, tussling, and piggyback rides. 

           I will be starting my third trimester this May, about three weeks before her classes will start. By that time, I will be shuffling my days through school and Bea. She's back here in Manila again for her summer training with her Dad.

We're back to being our old selves after Tito Bob told us that I will be tutoring Bea every summer vacations and that I should be guarding her from boys. He knows Bea opens up to me more than she does with her brother.

And no boyfriend til eighteen... Out of respect for Tito Bob, I have to bridle myself. I...will...wait...

But I also have to make sure that it's worth the waiting, coz I will guarantee that no boy will ever graze her mind.

          I just hope Bea won't make it too hard for me. Like right now, when the stupid me forget to lock the bathroom door, she just barged in ang hugged me from behind.  Her arms encircling my waist as I lean on the sink with my hands. I can see her face perched on my shoulder on the mirror in front of us.