Chapter 3 - Site

Two weeks passed since I had that confrontation with Andy. I don't see any reason for her to think that way. Even our parents and my brother never thought of anything unusual between me and Enzo. Or maybe they were just used to seeing us together from the very start...

Mom and Dad doesn't have any qualms with me spending too much time with Enzo. His parents were never bothered when their son is practically living in our house. Enzo and Kyle are inseparable. They go to the same school, play the same sport, and basically do the same things together. Almost everyday, he would only go home after having dinner with us or after they have done their homework. Sometimes, he would spend the night in Kyle's room. But he'd only be missed whenever his Dad is back in Iloilo.

Tito Alex oversees their hotel operations abroad, while Tita Donna administers all their restaurants and the financials of their companies. His parents are quite busy, but whenever they're around, they see to it that they spend enough time with their only son. What I appreciate most about them is that they were never absent on Enzo's special events or occasions. They can afford to drop everything and be with him.

My parents were as busy as well. But the only difference is that Dad manages his empire from the confines of his office here in Iloilo City. He only travels out-of-towns to check on properties he is about to acquire or to monitor those that were being developed. He has thousands of adept and trusted employees under his wings deployed all over the locations of his investments. Mom is a bank manager. She makes sure to be home early so that she can attend to us and Dad. She'd only be away when she has to attend meetings or seminars or travel with her friends.

"Baby, are you okay?" Mom broke my reverie as she sat down beside me at the dining room. We are currently having dinner at home and Enzo is with us. The boys were talking but all I hear are muffled sounds. I was musing and I don't feel like talking then. I am bothered by Andy's behavior. I thought I've found a same-gendered friend here at the neighborhood.

It's not that I don't have other girl friends. I have my own bestfriends at school. They're Micah and Lois, and they belong to affluent families too.

"Y-yeah, I'm ok Mom." I saw Enzo looking at me. He was seated in front of me beside Kyle. They're on the left side of Dad, while mom is sitting on Dad's right and I am seated next to her.

"I wonder why Andrea is not coming here. Is she on a summer class?" Mom continued as she poured juice on Dad'a glass.

"I d-dont know, Mom." I shrugged. "I haven't heard from her since two weeks ago. She's not even texting me. She's probably busy."

"Oh, ok." Mom just raised her shoulders. "Anyway, baby, do you want to go with Dad to Gensan?"

"Huh? I thought Kyle is going with him?" I looked at Kyle who's stopped talking from Enzo when he heard his name and looked back at me.

"I sprained my leg, baby girl." Oh, there he goes again with his endearments to me in front of our parents. Kyle has no interest in the business and I know Dad's foray is going to be all about it.

"Really?" I scoffed at him. I know it's gonna be a boring trip. "What am I gonna do there Mom?" I turned to my mother who's having dessert now.

"We thought we should start exposing you to the corporate affairs of our businesses." It was Dad who answered.

"Okay..." I reluctantly acquiesced.