Chapter 9 - Tummy Ache

That's how Enzo looks like on our cover photo... coz he's half Italian, half Filipino 😊

Floating... I feel like floating...

           I've been swimming the whole day... literally and figuratively. Enzo had me plunging with the reports which he spread out on the table. Then he drowned me with two chapters of solving equations on my math book. And finally he let me go swimming in the beautiful beach of Doljo where our resort is located.

He swam with me but I don't know where he got all the energy that he was still able to feed me with dinner. I was so ready to flop on the bed after rinsing and bathing away the salty water. I was halfway dressed when he barged into my room and dragged me to kitchen.

We were occupying one of the the seaside villas with two adjoining rooms. The hotel staff reserved a suite for each of us upon the news of our arrival. But we opted to stay here because guests were pouring in via online bookings.

I feel like I'm being lulled with the gentle rocking of my body until I can feel the soft mattress under me. I cuddled up beneath the warmth of the duvet being lifted up to cover me. Then I felt a gentle peck on my temple.

"I love you, Bee."

Dreaming... I must be dreaming... such a sweet dream that made me blurt out a mumble.

"I love you, Enzo."

Then I heard the soft clicking of the door.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I stretched my arms and have just opened my eyes when my bedroom door opened.

"Good morning, lazy bee." Enzo greeted me. He looked sublime in his chino shorts and button-down shirt with his sleeves folded up to his elbow. His hair tells that he had just showered. I can still smell his after-shave. "Time to get up. Breakfast is ready."

"How did I get here? I was on the sofa last night." I was too tired and sleepy last night after he made me brush my teeth that I flopped down on the sofa before even reaching my room, while he was overseeing the room service staff who was clearing out our table.

"You woke up and walked, Bee. Come on." He extended his hands for me to hold on to so that I could get up.

So it was only just a dream... but it felt so real. I felt dismayed.

"Piggyback ride!" I exclaimed as I sat on my knees on the bed.

"No!"

"Pleasssssse..."

          "Beatrice..."

          "Then I'm not getting up here." I pouted and began to recline again.

          "Oh no, you don't!" He grabbed the duvet away.

          "Then why can't you carry me piggyback?!" I bawled out. My brows began to tilt inwards in irritation. I don't know why I suddenly got irked for not being acquiesced to. "You can have your big sturdy back all you want!" Though I really want to hug you from behind, I wanted to add.

          "Argh, Bee..." He looked aghast with my sudden outburst, but then he turned his back towards the bed. "Okay, okay, bumblebee. Up, up."

          I squealed and leapt up from the bed onto his back. I hugged him from behind enclosing my arms around his neck and my chin resting on his shoulder.