Chapter 5 - Road Trip

CHAPTER 5

'BEEP... BEEP... BEEP,' I slowly open my eyes and see Jude laying asleep on my bed. His mouth is open partly and drool is dripping out of his mouth at a slow pace. I lift my face of my desk and a piece of paper comes with me. I rip the paper off my cheek and chuck it on my desk. I check the time and see it says 7.03. 

'Shou et ovf,' Jude mumbles against my pillow.

'What?' I reply barely able to keep my eyes open.

'Shut the fuckin' thing,' Jude yells this time. 'What's the time?'

'7.04.'

Jude groans and rolls out of bed, landing on the floor. I laugh as he grabs his shoulder in pain. Eventually he gets up and walks out of the room. I grab the piece of paper I threw on my desk, it’s the letter. I still can’t believe we’re actually going to ask Glaze. She is going to think Jude and I are complete weirdoes. Maybe I’ll just tell Jude I’m feeling sick and we’ll skip asking Glaze today, we’ll ask her next Monday.

‘Ass up, we have to get ready so we can ask a certain girl about a certain letter that will help a certain person find out why certain parents…disappeared.’

‘Jude,’ I say, ‘maybe we should reconsider telling Glaze today, I mean…she’s new and all and she probably doesn’t want this kind of crap on her second day.’

After getting what I wanted to say off my chest I turn around and face Jude. He’s just looking at me; his face is almost unreadable, almost. I can tell he thinks I’m a chicken and scared. He takes a few steps towards me and begins doubling over in laughter.

‘Dylan Best, are you scared of talking to a girl?’ Jude eventually gets out of his mouth.

‘No, why would you think that?’ I say very confused and taken back.

‘You’re scared of talking to a girl!’ Jude says and falls to the floor.

‘I am not, we’re going to school and we are going to ask her as soon as we see her,’ I say, my anger starting to increase.

‘You swear?’ Jude said looking up at me from the floor.

‘I swear.’

Jude lifted himself up from the floor and immediately lost his funny grin replacing it with a serious expression. It hit me. The dickhead was playing with me.

‘You asshole!’

‘You swore now get ready so we can go to school.’

I sigh and stomp off in the direction of the bathroom. Maybe the cold water hitting my face will prepare me for what is going to happen today.

❆❆❆

Jude and I walk into the school and I immediately head for my locker. I grabbed my textbooks for my first period, physics. Jude is waiting beside my locker with his arms crossed over his chest. He’s gazing over everyone that passes by; he’s obviously looking for Glaze.

‘RING…RING,’ Jude and I look at each other, I can tell he’s pissed.

‘As soon as period 1 finishes we are talking to her, do you understand?’ Jude looks at me and raises his eyebrow. I laugh and nod my head as we turn in different directions heading to our first class.

        I walk into class and make my way to the back of the classroom. I set out my books and wait for the teacher to make his way to class. I take my phone out about to call Trevor when a stack of books lands next to me. I look up to see a tall, thin girl with long black hair cascading down her shoulders to her waist. She’s huddling her textbooks to her chest and huge, nerdy glasses hide her piercing cat eyes. It’s Glaze.