Chapter 11 - CPR

{ Trevor in Sidebar. Hi Guys !!! Hope you enjoy this chapter and I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately been so busy so ENJOY !! }

I awoke to the feeling of warm lips pressed against me. Hot, heavy breaths were exhaled into my mouth. My chest was pumped up and down. I heard the slight murmurs of ‘1…2…3…4.’ What was happening ? A deep voice croaked, ‘He’s not waking up, give him more breaths.’

‘It’s 2 breaths and 30 chest compressions…I-it’s going to work.’ A feminine voice replied. The murmurs of numbers could be heard once again. ’28…29…30.’ Soft lips were placed on my own. They breathed life into me. I suddenly realized what had happened. My eyes popped open and connected with the one who saved me.

‘Dylan are you okay ?’ She asked leaning back.

‘Why ?’ I replied, lying still.

‘Your eyes, they’re different…they’re red…’ Dylan almost whispered. I blinked and saw my friends eyes open wider. I looked away and blinked hastily, I turned back to my friends, they let out of their breaths. I looked to the floor and asked, ‘What was that ?’

‘We don’t know, we were more concerned about keeping you life.’ Dylan stated, as it was obvious. I nodded and tried to get myself up. Glaze and Jude came to my assistance.

‘Are we going to keep looking around or do you want to go home ?’ Glaze asked softly. I faced her to see her big brown eyes looking up to me, judgment undetectable on her face. I walked over to the computer and stared at my Fathers face, frozen on the computer screen. I minimized the video and sent it to my email address to watch at home. I picked up Jude’s backpack and threw it to him, ‘Lets go.’

❆❆❆

I drove to Jude’s house and dropped him off, I was caught by his Mother and forced to stay a few extra minutes to “chit chat” as she would say. Glaze laughed the whole time. Eventually I snuck out her trap and was able to drive Glaze home.

‘Turn right, you can just drop me off here.’ She stated.

‘Glaze there is no house to be seen here for miles, where is your house ?’ I inquired. She looked down at her hands and told me the directions to continue.

I finally reached her house and looked outside to see a small, white house. Children were outside playing basketball, soccer and many other sports. I smiled as I remembered playing outside, that was all I did during my childhood.

‘I know it’s small and quaint…but this is all I have.’ Glaze said, biting her lip. I laughed and looked at her, ‘This is a beautiful home Glaze.’ She smiled as a relieved expression took over her face. We sat in a comfortable silence until I broke it. ‘Can I ask you something ?’

‘Sure.’

‘Did you really give me CPR ?’ I smirked. She laughed and nodded, looking at me. Our laughter slowly died and we were just gazing at each other. I became confident in my actions and decided to lean in. She did the same. Our foreheads were touching and our breaths were coming out uneven. I was about to lean in when a car door opened. Glaze and I leaned back very quickly and sat as far apart as possible.

‘Hey Dad,’ Glaze smiled. My eyes widened in fear.

‘Who is this ?’ The burly man looked to me.

‘A friend.’ Glaze stated climbing out of the car, shutting the car door to separate her Father and I. Glaze grabbed her Father’s hand and dragged him in the direction of their home. Glaze waved goodbye to me and I did the same. I almost kissed Glaze.