Chapter 9

Jungkook grab her hand.

"Y/N I need to talk to you. Please," he then turned to Minghao who starts to stand up. "And it would be wise if you do not interfere. This is between me and her,"

////////

"Yah Y/N. Why are you talking to MY Kookie and his oppas like that, you psychotic fan!? Dont you know who he is? Who they are? Who I am?"

"Minji, stop it. Just-"

"Its okay Jungkook-ssi. Minji-ssi, I apologize. I will asks someone else to assist all of you for the broadcast,"

"Y/N, you dont have to-"

"Let go of my hand Jungkook-ssi. Please respect Minji-ssi's feelings. Afterall, I am not of importance to you,"

----------------------------------------------------------

Since that night, Jungkook's mood is noticably happier. He wakes up every morning whistling and his steps has more bounce, a smile never seems to leave his face.

Yes, he admits he feels some kind of way watching how close Y/N's is with Minghao, but he also feels some kind of way just by seeing her. Something he will never admit to anyone else. He managed to exchange numbers with her that night, and so does the rest of the boys (to Minghao's displeasure), and they started to text each other since then.

The conversation might consist innocents how are yous, have you eaten and random what are you doing, and most of the time she only give a one word reply, but its enough for Jungkook. He just really miss you. Y/N, after all, used to be his best friend.He justified her not too chatty reply with her being busy. She is next in line to be the CEO afterall.

Despite Jungkook texting her every day without miss, he never actually met up with her other than the occasional dinner with Minghao and the other boys. Until the manager informs Jungkook and his hyungs that they will be doing a reality variety show with the in house production from one of Y/N's broadcasting company.

He took this opportunity to invite Y/N to hang out with him and his hyungs, using 'You should get to know us. It will help the recording process better' as an excuse. Its important to him that Y/N gets to know the most importabt people in his life. Y/N, naive as she is, didnt think anything of it and agreed for the sake of her work.

"Hyungs, please, please behave okay. Especially you Tae," Jungkook point his finger to Taehyung who is doing weird things with his bowls.

"Why is it always me!?" Taehyung exclaim.

"You know why Tae. Don't ask stupud questions," Jin chimed in.

"Hey, but are you so nervous? I thought she is just the head producer or something? I've never seen you like this when we were filming before," Namjoon rubbed his chin, confused with the maknae. "Is she-"

"Hello everyone," Y/N who had just arrived bowed to all of them. Hoseok eyes went wide when he realize you are the Song Y/N that he saw on TV the other day. The rest of the boys also just realizing the fact.

"Hey! Aren't you-"

"This is Song Y/N," Jungkook cut off Taehyung. Y/N smile, bowed and shake hands with everyone. After taking a seat besides Jungkook and getiing comfortable, the other boys starts to get to know Y/N. Y/N answered every question that is thrown her way comfortably and full of charms, which the boys enjoy. Jungkook is amazed at how smooth and amazing Y/N is at handling his hyungs and making everyone she met for the first time comfortable.

"So you and Jungkook looks close. How do you guys know each other?" Namjoon asks while stuffing some beef wraps into his mouth.

"Oh we used to be-"
"I'm close friends with Minghao-"