Can I Trust You?

Dipper woke up, feeling a heavy migraine banging on his head. He slowly peeled himself out of the warm blankets, slowly walking to the dining area. Suddenly, he felt warm arms and a girly scent of shampoo fill up his senses when his sister hugged his back.

"Good morning Mabel. " Dipper greeted and hugged his sister.

Mabel didn't respond. He felt dampness soak his shirt. Was Mabel crying?

Mabel must have had a nightmare, again.  Dipper thought, comforting his sister. Ever since their parents died of a tragic car accident, Mabel always dreamed of the same happening over and over again. They have a quite amount of fortune when they left the two siblings to fend off for themselves. Despite the fortune that they currently have, Dipper and Mabel still longs for the warmth and affection of their parents.

It was times like this when Mabel needed him, needed his warmth when she woke up from her nightmare. It was really hard for Mabel. She's the one who saw the accident, leaving her the guilt of not being able to help them. It also caused a huge trauma when she's sleeping, leading to nightmares that even a child should not even experience.

"Was it that dream again?" Dipper asked. Mabel slowly shook her head, no. Dipper was mildly surprised by that, since it's always the usual.

"What happened then, can you tell me? " Dipper once again asked in a more gentle voice, not wanting to make his sister cry even more. He's always ready to listen. He didn't want his twin suffering alone.

"I dreamt a-ab-bout you leaving m-me behind. You sacrificed y-y-your-s-self for the universe, Dipper. Y-you got k-killed along w-with Grunkle Stan and Grunkle Ford. " Mabel sobbed, the flowers on the small pots they have placed near the windows slowly wilting away. Mabel must be really upset. It affected the plants around them.

Dipper frowned upon hearing this, no matter what happens, he will never leave his sister alone. "Mabel, hey, listen, I will never leave you alone, nor I will sacrifice myself. I'll be with you through thick and thin. I promise you that. " Dipper said. As proof, he raised his right hand.

"Promise? " Mabel said, looking up from Dipper's shoulder to look at her brother's face. It looked sincere, not showing any signs of lies.

"I promise. If I do break the promise, I shall swallow a thousand needles as punishment." The brunette male held courage in his eyes as he spoke. Mabel slowly smiled and wiped her tear stained face and pulled away gently.

"Thanks, Dipper. I'll trust you with your promise. " Mabel smiled at him sincerely and walked away, readying her uniform to take a bath.

Dipper cooked a simple breakfast, just egg fried rice along with some bacon bits and some peas, just to add some crunchiness to the dish. He prepared the dining table to set the breakfast already. He also made himself a cup of tea with cream and a glass of Orange juice for Mabel.

He prepared his own uniform to take with him to the bath. The teen seated himself to the dining area when Mabel got out, fully dressed on her black uniform.

"Hey Mabel, looks fantastic on you. " Dipper smiled. Already feeling excited on wearing his own uniform too.

"Thanks, Dip." Mabel grinned and ate breakfast with Dipper, savoring the taste of her own meal.

Out of excitement, Dipper quickly ate his food and sipped his milk tea, sighing in content when he felt his stomach filled. He snapped his fingers and the dishes were already cleaned and put away.

"Hey Mabel, I'm gonna go to the bathroom okay? Be sure to check your stuff first. You don't wanna carry Waddles in the bag, it'll be bulkier. " The boy pointed out to the stuffed pig laying innocently in Mabel's bed.