Chapter- 2

Of course I left the keys outside, trusting that Dyson wouldn't be stupid enough to shut the door. Now, we’re stuck in the back room. At least we have some food. Like cookies.

“How can somebody be so stupid?” I muttered to myself, sitting against the wall. “My mom is going to freak.”

“Then call her.” He said in a duh tone.

I muttered a few choice words before pulling out my phone and pushing the center button. “Oh, that’s just great. My phones dead.” I said sarcastically. “Let me use yours.”

He forced a smug smile. “Mine died a few hours ago.”

"Can you stop being so happy about this?" I snapped.

I jumped a little bit when the lights started flickering out and finally completely running out.

“Looks like we’re spending the night in here.” He muttered.

My heart dropped to the depths of the ocean. I have to sleep in here? I can’t sleep without sleeping pills or I’ll have nightmares. Really bad, screaming, sweating, bawling your eyes out nightmares. This can’t happen. This isn’t happening.

“Well, you can sleep. I’m not sleeping.” I sighed, bringing my knees up to my chin. The room was completely pitch black and I couldn’t even see where Dyson was.

“You’re not going to sleep?” He asked incredulously. “You really are scared.” Now, he seemed amused.

“I am not!” I argued. “I-I’m just not tired.” I lied. I was actually exhausted but sleeping was not an option.

He laughed. “You were practically asleep at the counter for the past half hour of tonight.  You’re a horrible liar.”

“Okay, well if I fall asleep then neither of us are going to get any sleep.” I tried to explain to him without telling the whole story. He’d just laugh in my face and use this against me for years to come.

“Are you claustrophobic?” He asked.

“No. Are you?” I asked through the darkness.

He chuckled. “I don’t get scared.”

I raised my eyebrows even though he couldn’t see it. “Oh, really?”

“Really. Guys don’t get scared.” He said confidently.

I rolled my eyes at his attempt of masculinity. “Right. Well, goodnight.” I muttered.

“You really aren’t going to sleep?” He asked.

“No. I’m not.” I said firmly. “I’ve pulled all-nighters before.”

“Oh, I see. You just want to watch my sexiness sleep.” He said, I could practically hear the smirk on his face.

“Dyson, just go to sleep.” I snapped. “I can't even see you through the darkness. I don’t really want to talk right now so just stop talking.”

He sighed. “Okay. Fine. Wake me up if something exciting happens.”

And with that, silence filled the room.

“Don’t fall asleep. Don’t fall asleep. Don’t fall asleep.” I whispered to myself. I can’t go back to that night. I can’t dream. I just can’t dream. “Don’t fall asleep.”

To keep myself awake, I started singing. Singing always calms me down.  “I miss your soft lips. I miss your white sheets. I miss the scratch of your unshaved face on my cheek. And this is so hard because I didn’t see that you were the love of my life and it kills me…” I whisper sang a Kesha song to myself.