Chapter- 16

I woke up a shivering mess. When I realized that Dyson was on the complete other side of the bed, I instinctively crawled closer to him and cowered into his warmth. Immediately, the shivering stopped and I was warm again.

“What do you want for breakfast?” Dyson mumbled. I jumped a little bit since I didn’t even know that he was awake. Once I calmed down, I laid my head back on his chest and listened to his rhythmic breaths.

“What can we eat?” I countered.

He chuckled softly. “There’s a lot we can eat. We can go over to that Panera bread. Bread lasts for than four days.”

“Has it been only four days?” I squeaked.

He chuckled. “I have no idea. But we might as well give it a shot.” He mumbled, pulling me up so that he could kiss my cheek.

I let out a girly giggle. “Let me go brush my teeth. I’ll be right back and then we can go.”

He sighed. “Alright.”

It took me a minute to gather the strength to step out into the cold again, away from Dyson’s warmth but my hunger overruled my need for warmth and I stood to my feet after slipping into some thick slippers.

I brushed my teeth and hair before changing clothes. I wore a t-shirt covered by a lime green hoodie from Wet Seal and two pairs of Victoria Secret sweat pants.

When I got back into the beds, Dyson was waiting for me. “You take forever.” He grunted.

I stuck my tongue out at him. “I’m a girl, it’s what we do. And it’s not like we have anywhere to be.”

He put my hand in his and we walked across the hallway and took a right turn towards the Panera Bread. It actually wasn’t too far away.

“Fine.” He huffed, bending down and planting his lips on my cheek quickly before we turned into the bread store. Usually this restaurant was filled with the aroma of freshly baked bread and for some reason cinnamon. Now, the smell didn’t differ from the painful freeze of the rest of the mall.

“Is anything edible?” I asked Dyson after he started inspecting the back kitchen.

“Yeah, most of it, actually. They keep their bread sealed nicely.”

“Well, that’s good, right?” I asked excitedly as my stomach let out a quiet whine.

He let out a small chuckle and if the wall that separated the dining area from the kitchen wasn’t there, I was sure I would be able to see his smirk. “Yeah, that’s good. It means that it didn’t mold and it’s still good. But it won’t taste as good as it should.”

“I don’t care, I’m starving.” I groaned, laying my head on the cold black table that I was sitting at.

“Baguette or braid?” He asked.

“Baguette!” I squealed. “I love those things.”

This time, his laugh was full blown and incredibly sexy even if I couldn’t see his face. I’m really almost glad that he didn’t laugh like that a few days ago when I thought that I hated him because I probably would have embarrassed myself somehow. “It’s just a stick of bread.”

“A long stick of bread.” I corrected him. “They’re huge.”

He came back out of the back with a long baguette and a large knife before stopping behind the counter and cutting the bread into tiny pieces. “You’re kind of weird.” Dyson mumbled teasingly.

“Well you’re kind of a jerk.” I shot back with a playful smile.

He walked around the corner and sat the ceramic plate in the center of the table that I was sitting at and took one of the slices for himself while I took one and took a huge chunk out of the side, similar to a cavewoman. “And there’s not even butter.” Dyson said, clucking his tongue and shaking his head disapprovingly at me.