Chapter- 23

“How does it feel?” The nurse asked me.

“It feels fine.” I insisted, easily walking on my ankle that was now sporting a small, weird looking brace.

“Are you sure? No pain at all?” She asked.

I shook my head. “No pain at all.” I said truthfully. It felt great to be out of that suffocating cast, even if it was just for a day, it still sucked.

“Okay, I guess that’s it then. Take the meds twice a day to help the healing and you should be good.” The nurse instructed.

I nodded. “Thank you.” I said politely before turning around and walking out of the physical therapy room, headed towards the wing that Dyson was in, being released in five minutes. I was nearly jumping with excitement when I got to the main counter and the lady said that he would be down in just a minute.

I patiently waited in one of the cheap waiting room chairs until I saw Dyson slowly making his way down the hallway. He hasn’t changed since yesterday, he still had a small butterfly Band- aid on his forehead, but he did have real clothes on instead of a hospital gown, which was a relief.

I ran towards him and when he saw me he grinned a breathtaking grin.

I quickly wrapped my arms around him and smiled into his shirt. “Hey.” I said, muffling my words with his shirt.

“I missed you.” He whispered, kissing the top of my head.

I tangled my fingers with his as we walked down the hallway. “I missed you too.”

“I guess I’m coming over for dinner next week.” Dyson mumbled in a totally unexcited tone.

“I guess so. But it won’t be as bad as you think because I talked Toni into coming.” I said with a small smile. “You know, to kill the awkwardness.”

“Oh! I almost forgot to give you something.” He said, reaching his arm into a duffel that was over his shoulder, I hadn’t even realized it until then.

“What is it?” I asked curiously.

“This.” He said. I didn’t realize that we stopped in front of the exit until then as well. I looked at his hand as he pulled out a small stuffed monkey with a small string around his neck with a dog tag on it that read ‘Steve’.

“It’s cute.” I said with a smile.

“It’s a purple monkey names Steve.” He said, as if I was supposed to know what that meant.

“I see that.” I chuckled.

He chuckled and rolled his eyes slightly in amusement. “When you were talking to your friend on the phone in the mall, you said ‘The day that Dyson Becker-“

“cares about me is the day that I get a purple monkey named Steve.” I finished for him with a stupid grin on my face. “That’s so adorable.”

“I thought so.” He said proudly.

I smiled and lifted myself onto my tippy toes and kissed his cheek. “I love you.” I whispered.

“I love you too.” He whispered back right before we started moving out to my car that was waiting in the parking garage right next to the hospital.

“My mom really isn’t that bad about meeting my friends.” I said, trying to help is obvious nerves about meeting my mom.

“Yeah, but what about boyfriends? I mean, aren’t parents supposed to be really overprotective about their daughters?”

“I think that’s the dad’s role, so you’re good.”

“Well, she seemed pretty scary yesterday.” He mumbled.

“This time, I’ll be there and I’ll save you from any of the embarrassing stuff. Like the sex talk.”

“You think she’ll bring that up?” He gasped.

I laughed. “Maybe. But don’t worry, I can stop her. I think.”

“You think?”

I nodded sheepishly. “Most of the time, I can tell her when she’s being weird and she’ll stop. But if she’s determined to squeeze you for information…”

“We’re toast.” He said.

I nodded. “Exactly. Just don’t lie to her. She’ll probably ask if we’ve had sex and if I’m on the pill and if we have condoms and stuff. Just tell the truth.” I said. “I think she can smell lies.”

“What?” Dyson hissed with fear.

I laughed. “I’m kidding, but not really. Just don’t lie about anything. If you don’t want to answer something, then be vague or look to me for help.”

“I feel like I’m preparing for the army or something.” He mumbled.

“No, I think that would be a little easier than that.” I joked, but Dyson didn’t find that joke too funny.

“Are you… you know, on the pill?” He asked awkwardly and quietly. I smiled when I saw his face tinged with a heavy shade of pink.

“Why? Do you think we’ll be doing it any time soon?” I asked with raised eyebrows, just trying to embarrass him more. It’s so much fun to see him squirm since he doesn’t do that often.

“What? Um, n-no? I guess not.” Dyson said quickly, waving his hands in defense. “I-I was just asking.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at his awkwardness. “Relax, Dyson. I was before this whole accident, so it’ll take a few weeks for it to set back in.”

He sighed a breath of relief. “Okay. You did that on purpose, didn’t you?”

“What on earth are you talking about?” I asked innocently.

“I’ll get you back.” He said with a sly smirk.

“You can’t chase me, I’m crippled.” I said with the cutest smile I could muster.

“Then don’t run. It’ll be easier on us both.” He said, wrapping an arm around my waist.

“I can still run.” I pointed out. “And I’m probably faster than you.”

“Quarterback.” He said.

“Captain of the soccer team.” I shot back.

“Fair enough.” He said smoothly.

Without wasting any more time, I ripped out of his grip and started running down the hill of the parking garage towards my car, full of bubbly laughter. I heard Dyson’s heavy footsteps behind me, catching up to me quickly. Damn ankle.

But when I turned the last corner, where my car was, I stopped dead in my tracks at the person that was standing in front of my car with his hands in his pockets and his black hair ruffled like always.

I didn’t know how to feel when I saw him, but all I knew is that I’ve missed this kid for a really long time. So I grinned and then ran into his arms.

“Andrew!”  

___________________________________________

Super mega short, I know. Sorry :/

But PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PLEAAASSEEEEE VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please?

Okay, I don't have anything else to say today, so I guess I'll see you all tomorrow.

Vote!- Comment- Fan <3