Chapter- 15

“We are not going to die.” Dyson reassured me.

“Are you kidding?! How are we not going to die?” I nearly shrieked.

“It’s not the worst thing in the world.” He mumbled.

“No, but it’s pretty damn bad.” I snapped.

We both looked helplessly at the large gate that was separating us from the food court. Long, dreadful bars of steel taunting us with a view of our only source of food and heat. Heat and food. Two very important things. Yep, we’re dead.

“Where are the-“

“The keys are right there.” Dyson interrupted me, pointing to the table where we had eaten the Chinese food. I looked longingly at the ring of keys that sat on top of the smooth white table.

“How are we going to eat?” I whimpered. It’s funny how you can be in such an amazing moon one minute and then in seconds, you feel like bursting into tears at any second.

“There’s kiosks around the mall.” He answered calmly.

“Without electricity, the food is probably all spoiled by now.” I whimpered.

“We’ll find something.” He said softly, putting his hand in mine, trying to comfort me.

I sighed and laid my head on his muscular shoulder. “Let’s get back upstairs, we can play Monopoly or something.”

“Monopoly?” He questioned as we turned as one and started moving towards the stairs.

I smirked. “Yes, why? Do you have a problem losing?”

“I wouldn’t lose, but why Monopoly?” He asked, puffing out his chest defensively.

“Because that’s all I can think to play and you wouldn’t win because I’m kind of kick ass at Monopoly.” We trotted up the stairs but instead of going back to the Macy’s, we made our way to the toy store where they had pretty much any board game known to man.

“What about some other game? Monopoly takes too long.” Dyson reasoned.

“What else are we going to do with our time?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

He smiled and stepped away from me. “I’ll be right back.”

“Where are you going?” I asked curiously.

“You’ll see,  just pick out which Monopoly you want and I’ll be right back.” He said, kissing my cheek and then quickly vanishing behind a row of Barbie toys.

I rolled my eyes and then turned back to the wall completely dedicated to the different versions of Monopoly. Dog- Opoly, Alpaca- Opoly, Brew- Opoly, Beatles- Opoly. And the list goes on and on. I finally decided on the original Monopoly and tucked the long box under my arm before walking towards where Dyson had disappeared.

I only took three steps before he appeared from behind the shelf that he disappeared behind. “I found something.” He grinned.

“Well, that can’t be good.” I muttered, eyeing the hand that he held behind his back. “What is it?”

“If we play your monopoly, we have to play what’s behind my back.” He said cheekily.

“Well what is it?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

“I can’t tell you, you have to say yes first.”

“No.” I said with a chuckle.

His smile fell into a pleading frown. “Why not?”