~5~ Scream~

Now we get the part in the story where Ryo's darkest side comes out. The things he did are completely unforgivable...I think. I'm still so confused. I'm still partially in love with him. Or am I? I can't sort out my feelings, even after this.

My head was spinning faster than a yo-yo on a strip. The more I tried to focus on my shaking hands in front of me the harder it was, until I felt like I was spiraling out of control. Maybe I was going mad, just like him.

Maybe insanity was contagious.

~ Five days earlier ~

"A special date for a special girl!" Ryo sang, twirling around the kitchen. I had been here for a week already, and actually I was starting to enjoy it here. Sure, it was a bit hard to sleep at night, since I was afraid that he'd try to do something, but so far he had been nothing but a sweetheart to me. I had been finding ways to cheer him up whenever he got upset, and so far, they all worked.

Cuddles, snacks, and promising to watch a movie with him during dinner...he would instantly cheer up and would go back to his normal, childish self.

I had even convinced him to let his brother out of the cage.

Chojiro spent most of his time hiding in his room, but I had spoken with him a few times, and he seemed to be doing better. Ryo hadn't beaten him since I've been here.

"What do you have planned?" I asked, resting my chin in my hands. I was sitting at the table, watching him dance around the kitchen while making me fried eggs. He insisted on cooking for me, and loved when I let him feed me.

Sometimes I have to wonder if I really am just a doll to him.

No matter, what he thought wasn't important. As long as I played along and gained his trust. In the end, if I chose to leave, it'll be easier for me, and if I decide to stay, well he'll already trust me, so we can just skip that step. Either way, in works out in most favor.

"I'm taking you to the park! We can have a picnic, and feed the ducks, and then just sit and talk." He handed me a plate of steaming hot eggs. "Doesn't that sound fun? You can wear that teal sun dress."

I nodded in approval to his plan, and he burst into a fit of giggles. It was kind of cute when he did that, yet also scary at the same time.

"Would it be alright if I called Au? I haven't spoken to her for days. She's probably getting worried about me." Hopefully I wasn't pushing my luck.

"Yeah, sure, go ahead! Just don't tell her you're here, okay? I don't want anyone finding you and taking you away!" He booped my nose before handing me a fork. "Now eat up! I'm going to bring up some cereal for Chojiro. He's probably hungry."

I let out a sigh of relief, and pulled out my cellphone. I quickly scrolled through my contacts until I found the one I wanted: Sis.

She picked up before the second ring.

"Hey, Sis!" She exclaimed on the other end. "How have you been? You aren't sick, are you?"

"No, not sick. Just...skipping class for a while." I played with a strand of my hair absent mindedly as I tried to think up a believable lie. "I've already passed the important classes, you know? I just need to finish my homework on time and turn it in. There's nothing else I need to learn before finals."

"True, true. You've always been ahead of me. Maybe it's because you study non-stop. Dang...I wish I had the resolve to do that! So would it be alright if we hung out in a couple of days? I've missed you a ton. We could get ice cream, maybe? Unless you're afraid of getting fat. Then we can just hit the coffee shop."