~Good Ending~ Love~

"It's simple, just tell me how you feel. Do you love me? Or do you hate me?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Before he had asked, I knew the answer. I always had, deep inside. Even after this, my feelings remained the same. They were just hidden by the fear I now felt towards him. That fear didn't matter, though, I couldn't deny how I felt. This feeling...it wasn't hate. Not by a long shot.

Is this the right choice? It's harder...it would mean pretending for a while, but maybe I could learn to fully love him. Right now, I'm almost there. I just need to lie, until I believe my own act.

The answer seemed simple enough, yet it wasn't.

I took a deep breath, and clasped my hands together to stop them from shaking. I still had my doubts - many of them - but I knew this was the only option I really had. The other could end in death, or worse. This way, at least I'd be safe, and I could be happy.

"Well?" He asked, suddenly seeming less confidant than before. "What's you answer?" His brows crinkled into a frown when I hesitated. "Wait, if you aren't answering...does that mean that you don't...." he trailed off, his blue eyes filling with tears.

The sight made my heart ache.

"No, that's not it! I'm just...nervous." I bit my tongue before continuing. "Teddy, I...I've felt strongly about you ever since that first phone call. I knew, almost right away, that you were different. Special, even. You didn't care that I was too busy to hang out most days, or that I struggle to connect with people. You waited for me to grow comfortable with you. I know I won't ever be able to forgive you for killing Au, but...I want to be with you, despite that. So to answer your question...yes, I do love you."

The look in his eyes immediately told me that I had made the right choice. The way his face lit up rivaled the sun. He wrapped his arms around my waist, squeezing until I had to pry him off. He laughed, and grabbed my hand. "I love you, too," he said, looking up at me with adoration. "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I want to be with you forever!"

He pulled me towards the door, grinning slyly.

"Come on, I have a surprise for you!" He exclaimed, and I willing followed him to his room. I had never been in here before, but I wasn't surprised to see that the room was filled with different types of teddy bears. Some were as small as my hand, and others as large as Ryo himself. Most were brown, but he also had one in every color of the rainbow. How did he afford all of these, anyway? It was crazy! I stopped to pick one up off the floor. It was white and fluffy, with large brown eyes.

"Wow," I said, and set the bear on the shelf it had fallen off of. "You have a ton of bears! You weren't joking when you said you had a lot."

He giggled. "Yeah, I know, I have almost two hundred. They don't all fit in here, so some are stored in the spare room across the hall." He paused. "Hey, um...could you close your eyes, please? I have...a surprise...." he mumbled, his cheeks turning pink.

I closed my eyes, not asking questions. I know I should be careful around him - he had killed someone, after all...maybe even multiple people - but I just couldn't. I felt so safe around him.

"Okay, you can open them now."

I did, and let out a gasp. Ryo knelt before me, holding open a tiny blue box. Inside, nestled in the white velvet, was a gorgeous golden ring with a decent sized diamond in the middle, and two small ones beside it. The way it caught the light was stunning.

"Dolly, I...I planned on doing this later, but I can't wait anymore. I love you so much, it hurts me. I want to marry you, and I know I'm young, but by the time we actually get married - i-if you say yes, t-that is - I'll be an adult. I know it's sudden, but...but I just can't help myself!" He cried, squeezing his eyes shut. "So...please consider it, at least?"