42: A Demo

Passing daydreams are the reality of an abandoned mind. Selfless sacrifices are the cause of self extinction. Voices lead in blind anger are the reasons that could never get anything done. Different colors from every nation defined race and inequality where society was divided in two. Amidst the pool of population, certain individuals, maybe even less, are always the perpetrator of undefined negativity.

Some things would always stand next to a person, be it another human or just a thing. But considering an event where that person was kidnapped, like how an automobile could get impounded, it would probably alarm the person next to him, or her. Because that was the case Castellone was facing right now.

Agitated, he wasted no time seeking through the hallways and lobby, expecting Yustaine and Abrielle's talk to be nearby, but they weren't anywhere near the dormitory. He heaved heavy breathes, feeling his chase tire him up when he decided to check the campus grounds, and there was still no sign of them. He turned on both sides, expecting to see anyone familiar from what little students that roamed the campus. Abrielle was no where to be seen, and so was Yustaine.

A frown was evident on his face, this definitely was wrong, it was not normal. He cursed at fate for being the playful bitch he knew it to be. Where could Yustaine have taken her? His frustration grew by the minute the more he chased every corner of the university. He ran, exploring, never giving time any leeway to escape him just to find her, until he realized he haven't checked the parking space at the basement of the administrative department.

He paused for a while, thinking of some possibilities. He brought out his phone and rummaged through the apps and settings before keeping it in a pocket by his right leg close to his shoe. It was just for some safety measures when he allowed the tracker on his phone to be accessed only by his brother. He didn't know what might happen. That gave him the reason to do something as his pulse raised. His homing beacon would surely alarm Kerxis after a certain number of days, hopefully.

He proceeded towards the basement. It was quiet, only a few remaining cars were parked, and like the idea of seeing the one thing you've been searching for, he saw Yustaine and Abrielle.

Abrielle's mouth was sealed with a gag tied around her head. Her hands were cuffed behind her. Yustaine restrained the cuffs and dragged her towards a white limo.

Castellone called their attention, they both turned to look at him. Abrielle's eyes were wide in panic when she saw him. She knew what Castellone intended of doing when he opened his mouth to speak. She shook her head at him, warning him and was muffling some indiscernible words. She tried telling him something while pulling herself away from Yustaine's grasp.

Before Castellone could have said anything, he felt a cold metallic sensation placed at the side of his neck from behind. And in the blink of an eye, he was stunned with a sudden and uncontrollable rush of electricity that paralyzed his entire being. He slumped to the ground, unconscious.

While his subconscious ate the light of day away, he seemed to have passed by a familiar figure in his journey towards the darkness. It waved a hand at him, with the same smile plastered on its face. It talked, but he couldn't quite make out what it said at that time.

When it turned to leave, he slowly drowned deeper, feeling himself unable to keep up. Abrielle is in trouble. He had to get to her, but he was sinking in, he can't surface out, not unless a miracle happen. It would probably be soon when such a blessing would arrive.

Yustaine shoved Abrielle inside the car while complimenting Harrie of how sneaky he got behind Castellone. Now that they had what Sievetech wanted, it was time to bring him along.

Abrielle's screams and words were a muffled rhythm as she continued to spew her pieces. She knew that it wasn't going to be pleasant the minute Castellone woke up. Harrie placed him inside the car after sealing his mouth and hands behind him.