2

I hit my 30th zombie today, wiping my forehead as they fell to my feet. I was exhausted. I was the one protecting our behinds of the herds of infected. I huffed out as all my energy was deflated.

"Yo' girly, you should get yourself a gun." Nick called, as we all shared names I'm in the elevator and we barely just passed the first safe house.

"I'm good..." I wheezed, taking a hit on a hazmat suit wearing zombie. I extended my energy as much as possible but it seemed impossible as I was already fighting for twenty whole minutes.

"Well there's a gun shop round' the corner." Ellis told, as we were heading that way. "You can pick your bit of the litter!"

"No... thanks..." I took a swing with poor strength and barely knocked the zombie down. "I... per-fer melee...!" I was lying harder than anyone else, everybody can see it was grasping my sides from the pain of exercise.

"She hasn't picked up a gun at all." Nick questioned, looking at me funny. "Do you even know how to aim?"

"Yeah! Yeah! Of course!" I did not, they knew.

"I'll teach ya'!" Ellis jumped in, already going up a set of stairs while I limped with my body falling behind.  "She ain't looking so good." He looked at the rest of the crew.

Nick aimed his gun at me with a flash of hate in his eyes. "She might be infected, I'd say shoot her so we can make us faster."

I put up my hands, backing up and then having Ellis jump in the middle of the fun. "Don't shoot a lady, she has been swing'n that baseball for longer than you had that gun." He defended me, as Coach pulled my arm over him. He nodded, and pulled me up the one flight of stairs to repay the favor. "We shoot when we have to." Ellis narrowed his eyes.

Nick dropped the gun to his waist, rolling his eyes as we finally got into the shop. I picked up an automatic gun for myself. My wheezing covered up everyone's silence.

"Ere', little lady." Ellis grabbed my hands and adjusted my grip to one hand. I raised my eyebrow as I saw Nick holding his gun with two hands. He took a minute to adjust me again, two hands this time. "Don't think ya' ready for one hand." He said, stepping behind me and wrapping his arms around me as I backed up.

"Woah there." I stopped him.

"Sorry, I do it to all the perdy' ladies." He awkwardly stood beside me. He then pointed to a bull's eye on the wall. "Aim to that with the barrel not your eyes."

I tried, missing with a foot off.

"Try again," Ellis encouraged, and I did by shooting the shoulder. "Sorry for this." He said, wrapping his arms on me again. I sighed, feeling his hands over mine. "You see the two little dohickeys on the tip?"

"Sights, Ellis." Nick gave the answer.

"Right," he whispered in my ear, huskily as I blushed. "Now you're gonna aim for that red dot. Make sure yer' having yourself line up the dohickeys." He explained, Nick sighed out with annoyance. I felt his fingers brush mine, touching the trigger finger. "Now shoot." His breath brushed my ear as I shaked to shoot at least one inch away from the head. He pulled away, cheering like everyone else. "Congrats!"