Chapter 2: Doubt

Derek

        "Derek, wake up. Ohhh Dereeekk. Omg, come on. Wake up Sourwolf."

        I wake up and see Stiles leaning over me smiling. "Finally! Come on! Get up sleepy head!"  "Stiles, what are you doing here?" I asked him confused. "You don't need to worry about that. All you need to worry about it one thing." he whispered soothingly. 

        "Stiles are you drunk?" I asked him. I couldn't tell because something was wrong with my heightened sense of smell. Maybe he was so drunk that the fumes overloaded my nervous system. "Shh...don't speak." he says as he leans uncomfortably closer with a growing smile on his face. I was sprawled on the couch and he was sitting on the edge of the couch cushion closest to my stomach.

        Before I could even respond, he closes the distance between our faces and crashes his lips onto mine. I kiss him back aggressively and passionately. I started to feel a warm knot tug at my stomach. What am I doing? 

        "Stiles...wait." I tried to say in between breaths. He kept silencing me by holding me tighter and running his fingers through my hair. My mind goes blank, concentrating and giving all my attention to Stiles, but at the same time, one question keeps nagging me to ask him.

        "Stiles..." I moan rather loudly. "Stiles, wait." I break contact from his lips and hold him at arms length. "How exactly did you get into the loft?" I ask him with more authority in my voice. He just stared at me, his smile faltering. "Stiles? Answer me. How did you get in?" His eyes suddenly glaze over and a purple like fog emerges from his eyes and his open mouth, falling down his face .

        I hear a growl and see a shadow creeping behind Stiles, coming closer. I let out a growl, readying myself  to fight. My attention shifted back to Stiles when he said, "Oh Derek... How could you fall for a human like this?", in a deeper voice that did not belong to Stiles. I look at him feeling shock, confused, and hurt, all at the same time.

        "What-", I start to say but stop short as I feel a sharp stab of pain in my side. I look down to see a branch, that looked like it had been pulled of a tree, with purple and white looking plants growing on it, lodged in my side. Wolfsbane...dammit. My vision starts to dim and I start to hear a ringing in my ears. I hear a loud growl as something jumps on top of me. I couldn't see what it was. I then heard the not-Stiles laugh malevolently before i black out.

***************

        I open my eyes and jolt awake in my bed. I look around confused. The sunlight is filtering in through the curtains of the window, bathing my face in rays of sunlight. It was... a dream? I sigh and get up from my bed. Some dream...

        I walk down stairs and head straight to the couch to inspect the couch and try to smell if Stiles was really there last night. "Nope..nothing. WTF? What did I dream about?" I mutter to myself. I couldn't help remember how Stiles kissed me in my dream. Stiles kissing me? What the hell? I ought to go rip him to pieces just at the thought of having the dream involving him. Still, i couldn't help but feel... a little weird about it. It's not like I didn't like it... Dammit. What the hell am I saying? Me liking a guy? I'm not gay!

        My stomach then growls hungrily. I walk to the kitchen to make something to eat. Speaking of my stomach, what was that weird warm feeling I felt when he was kissing me? Was it...? No.. couldn't be. Like I said, I'm not gay. I mentally muse as I start to cook eggs and bacon on the stove. I know I started to dislike Stiles less after he kept saving me and everyone else with that brain of his, but not to the extent of actually liking him in that way. I decided he was useful so I stopped being so hostile towards him. I still fell weird about it. What was that feeling? Was it really love? Or was it me feeling lonely?

        Ugh...this is such a pain in the ass. I finish up putting the cooked eggs and bacon on a plate and go to the couch, sit down, and turn on the new t.v I bought last week. I flip through the channels while eating, trying to find something interesting to watch. My mind kept straying back to Stiles which was infuriating. Ugh, give me a break. Haven't I lived through enough misery and disappointment in my life yet?

        My phone suddenly vibrated in my jeans back pocket. I whipped it out to see who texted me, and speak of the devil look who it is. Stiles. Stiles texted saying, "Hey Sourwolf. What ya doing later today?" I wasn't sure if I should answer him, fearing that I might go off on him and end up killing him. I grunted and texted back with immense mental struggle. What should I say? "Nothing, why?" , "Nope, nothing at all.", "Why do you care?", or "No. Don't got anything planned. You?". I decide to go with the most neutral and guarded one.

        "Nothing, why?" i text back to him before putting my phone back into my pocket. I begin to wolf down my food. In a matter of seconds I was done and was standing up at the sink washing the dish and the fork. A minute later I feel another vibration in my pocket. " Well Scott, Issac, Lydia, Kira, and I are going to the movies later to see "Frozen". Was wondering if you want to come? :)" Stiles texted back. Frozen? Oh yeah, it's that new Disney movie. Why are they going to watch Disney movies? 

        Well I knew I had nothing better to do and I didn't want to sit at home all day, so I hesitantly replied, "Sure, what time?". A minute later he texts back saying "We're meeting up at Walgreen's at 5:30 cause the movie starts at 5:55 and Scott, Lydia, and I have to buy somethings for a party were having later this week to celebrate two weeks and a half without paranormal problems. It will be enough time to pick the stuff up, and go buy tickets and snacks."

        I look at the time on my phone displayed at the top right corner of the screen and saw that it is 3:30 pm. "Alright, I'll be there." I text to him. He texted back saying, "Alright. See ya then. :)". I put my phone back in my pocket and go upstairs to change into appropriate attire. I put on a blue shirt and my leather jacket with black jeans and gray shoes. Wow, I have a bad fashion sense I notice after I look myself over in the mirror. I look at my hair and noticed it's a little messed up. Oh crap. I gotta fix it for Stiles so he doesn't say something stupid. Wait, fixing my hair for Stiles? What the f? I sigh and fix my hair into the usual spiraling up tip using a comb and gel.

        "Lord, give me the strength to sit through a Disney movie and not run out angry and almost kill someone" I pray. I can already feel this is gonna be a very awkward day.