Chapter 2: Mentors and Cutbacks

🎵Simon's POV🎵
We have all of the acts decided except for the last group. There is the group that I formed and Fifth Harmony. I asked the producers if I could have a versus performance between the two. The producers said that it was fine but that it would have to be televised and have live twitter voting. I said sure.
🎸Calum's POV🎸
Simon told us and another group that called themselves Fifth Harmony were going to battle. We needed to pick a song to battle and come up with a name of our group. I asked if we could do Mirrors by Justin Timberlake. The girls agreed and we parted ways to figure out voice parts. I asked Luke if he wanted the verse. He said that he wanted the chorus so I took the verse. We got the first half and both groups were going to do the end. We started practicing with the music when I asked Luke "Do you play guitar?" He said yes. I asked "Could we play the guitar instead of using the music. He said sure and I gave him his electric guitar while I got my trusty acoustic. We practiced and got really good. When it was time for the live battle we were ready. The cameras started to roll. Mario introduced everything and explained how you could vote on twitter as many times as you wanted and you can use the hashtags #fifthharmonystay or #5sosstay. Voting ends five minutes after the performance. Mario asked us all of we were ready. We reply yes. The music starts and we grab our guitars. I start to sing. I start to get more confident. By the time I'm singing "Cause with your hand in my hand and a pocket full of soap I can tell you there's no place we couldn't go." Then when my part is over Luke starts strong and steady. "I don't wanna lose you now. I'm looking right at the other half of me." When his part is up there is a chick who is a little short who starts out. She sings till her part is up and they all sing the chorus. When the part comes up Luke sings "Yesterday is history. Tomorrows a mystery oh." Then the much taller darker skinned but very pretty girl sing "I can see you looking back at me keep your eyes on me. Oh baby keep your eyes on me." Then all 7 of us sing the final chorus. When the song is finished, we look at the screen that displays the percentages. They are in the lead by 10%. Just when it was looking bad for us and there was 30 seconds left we were tied. When the timer went off and the percentages were final, we had 52% and they had 48%! We won! Simon then said well in that case get ready to see who joins you. The rest if the names were called and the show was ended with Mario describing the 4 chair challenge and the judges getting their groups revealed. Simon got boys. Ariana Grande got girls. Harry Styles got over 25s and Demi Lovato got groups! I was so happy she got groups and so was Luke.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How is the story so far? Are you enjoying it? Can I get some help? I need some ideas for what the week themes should be.
Sincerely
Calumsarmy