Chapter 1

The stars were beautifully bright for the night. Mister Moon was gone for some reason but the stars didn't disappoint me. I sat on the desk chair wheeled in front of the window. The curtain was wide open but I kept the lights off.

Lights. They were the first thing I saw out the hotel window.

Red. Then a flash of white. Followed by blue.

Shouting, yelling, I watched from the window.

Daddy. I saw him. He threw himself out of a moving car before they had the chance to stop. He was running full speed until some of the police stopped him. His face was red. He was mad. Poor police men.

Embry too. She was next to run up and began to yell at the police men. She looked like she was crying just moments before.

My uncles were there. Collin holding Daddy back while Albert began to talk to the police men.

I sat in the chair watching it all fall apart. Daddy broke free from Collin and within seconds pushed the police out of the way. When his wrist was grabbed it only took two seconds before the officer had a bloody nose and Daddy was inside the hotel.

............

My phone buzzed on my nightstand that sat on the left side of my bed. "Get up Beautiful" my first morning alarm rang. I shut it off and rolled over. 9 a.m is a little bit too early for me to get up especially on the weekend.

Closing my eyes once again, I couldn't hear a thing. My room was all the way at the end of the east wing of our house. My white walls stood way above my head with photos of me and my family hanging up on them. My bed was raised and have tons of white, grey, and pink blankets. I had decorative pillows to match my bedding alone with my old stuffed monkey, Daisy, hidden under them. On the right side of my bed I had a nightstand table and a hanging light while on my left I have a pink and gold chair. My bed's headboard stood almost as tall as my walls as a giant white mandela. I had heated floors but mom insisted on me having a rug for my floor, so we placed a white fur rug under my bed to "protect my feet".

Laying on my stomach I dozed off into my own dream world. It couldn't be more than ten minutes until my phone buzzed once again with my second alarm "Seriously get up" Shutting off that alarm I throw my pillow over my head. There is no sense in having alarms on the weekend but the Big Man insists on me being apart of society. Whatever. No thanks.

Closing my eyes once again I relax into my white blankets. The sun peeked through my curtains and left shadows over my eggshell walls. I heard footsteps walk past my door and down the hall. Why can't anything be quiet in this house?

"WAKE TF UP HOE" my final alarm rang and buzzed under my hand. I know I need to get up at this point but I don't really want to. I can't force myself to do things that my heart doesn't want. I am a young, growing girl and I need my rest. 9 a.m. is just too early for this beauty.

Suddenly there was a knock at my door. I could hear my name being called while my door being pushed open. I didn't move in hopes that he would just leave me alone. Heavy footsteps walked across my floor over to my window and threw the curtains open allowing the sun to peer in. My blankets were pulled off of me while he sat down on the side of my bed. The pillow on top of my head is slowly lifted to leave me faced with my non-aged father. "So are you going to get up or do I need to get a cup of ice water?"

Ten years haven't even made a dent in my father's face. He still looks the way he left for college as my grandma says. Brown hair was nicely styles and he wore one of his usual suit and tie outfits. I groan and close my eyes "Why do I need to get up so early? On a Saturday?"