Chapter 8

Sitting in the living room I sat on my phone for what felt like forever but was only a few minutes. I guess I didn't learn how to be patient while I was little. Collin had to get on his flight so I couldn't talk to him. I thought about calling Albert to see how he is doing but I know he most likely not pick up the phone anyway. Scrolling through my contacts like I realize that I really need new people. I have my family and my parents friends but no one else. Maybe 30 of them all together. That's kind of depressing...

Before I could think more into it Dad came down the steps and walking into the living room. Dad had on his typical going out on a lazy day outfit. Black T-shirt, black jeans, his brown leather jacket that costed a pretty penny, and a pair of black shoes. Walking over to me he plopped down on the couch and laid his arm around my back watching me on my phone. We sat in silence and it was nice. Dad and I never really need anything to talk about. We can just sit in each other's company and be happy. Dad is my best friend just as I am his. Two peas in a pod as mom says. We didn't say anything but I could feel him wanting to ask something.

"Yes Dad?" I look up to see him already looking at me.

He opened his mouth to start talking but Mom came bounding down the steps with her purse slung over her shoulder. Her hair was down in loose curls and she had her makeup on in a natural look. With blue jeans and a floral tank top on, she covered her arms with a leather jacket. She had a scarf and a pair of black boots to finish off her look She stopped in the arch way and smiled at us "Ready kiddos?" I can't help but notice the matching outfits. Well if I knew we were wearing leather then I would have joined the party...

Dad and I stood up and began to follow mom out the front door.

Getting down our front steps I wave at Jordan and slide next to my mom into the limo "Good morning Ms. Sophia" smiling I watch my dad get in and the door closed after him. This will be an interesting trip.

 This will be an interesting trip

......................