Chapter 10

Leaving the store I had two large, pink striped bags hanging from my arms while Mom had three. I guess you could say I got more comfortable with Shelby as time went on and clearly Mom had no issues. Walking towards the exit Mom texted Jordan telling him that we were ready to be picked up. Exiting the mall people stared as Jordan pulled up in the limo and jumped out to open the passenger door for us, some even pulled out their phones to take photos or videos. I became numb to the feeling of being stared at like a zoo animal a long time ago. It still can sometime bother me though. Sliding in I scoot all the way over to sit next to Dad while Mom handed over our bags and followed me in. Dad had is new phone in hand like usual and I smiled at him when he noticed me next to him. Dad smiled back at me then looked back to his phone, his face looked at ease but I could see in his eyes that he was focused on something work related.

Sighing Dad put his phone in his jeans pocket then wrapped one of his arms around my shoulder "How was the shopping?" he asks me. My cheeks begin to blush and I look to Mom to save me from the question. How embarrassing to be asked how underwear shopping went by anyone, let alone your Dad!

"Cade you know it isn't polite to ask what panties a woman bought." Mom scolds him and I can feel Dad chuckle.

"Sorry! My bad Sophie. I'll never ask how underwear shopping went again." I pushed some of my hair behind my ear and nod at his apology. Call it awkward.

"Anyway, I got us reservations to go eat at La Viciente for lunch so I hope you all have your stretchy pants on!" Dad laughs and instantly the mood changes to a happy feeling. La Viciente is a great Italian restaurant that has been me and my Mom's favorite forever. Dad introduced us to Delairo Viciente when he came to my father's business to help build his new restaurant. To end the story short, Dad designed his restaurant and now we eat his food like nobody's business.

Our limo pulled up to stop in front of La Viciente and I could already feel my anxiety rising. Paparazzi swarmed the limo from all sides trying to get a look inside through the tinted windows. This is weird... normally the paps are here when we leave, not when we first arrive. Sure there are the special events where my dad is a host. But we are just here for lunch, a late lunch at that. I leaned more into Dad's side while he pulls out his phone to type something. "He's early" he mumbles and then pushes his phone back into the pocket it came from.

Looking at him confused he just sends me a pearly white smile and scoots to the door. I know the drill when it comes to dealing with the paps. Jordan opens the door, Dad exits then followed by Mom. I come up last while Jordan walks behind everyone to protect me. Without having a moment to mentally prepare myself the door is flung open and my Dad is already out the door.

You think you would get used to the blinding lights and yelling. How are you today Sophie? The constant questions about my life. What's it like to be a billionaires daughters? Everyone knows you. You look great today Sophia! Who are you wearing? At least, everyone thinks they have a right to know you. Sophia how do you feel about Caden not really being your father?

A hand wrapped around my wrist as I look up to see Dad's eyes sending my a concerned look. Ducking my head down I let him lead me in front of him and squeeze through the swarm and into La Viciente.

The walls are brick that were painted over with eggshell white and had wood cutouts of trees on them. Booths lines the far right wall while tables sat in nice lines to take up the rest of the room. Every once in a while a tree decoration is placed to add more of a forest vibe.

A nice hostess was waiting for us as we walked in and led us straight to our table in the back

A nice hostess was waiting for us as we walked in and led us straight to our table in the back. It as our usual table, six seats just in case someone we know decides to pop up. Or more like someone Dad knows. Dad pulled out Mom's chair the rushed to my side to pull mine out too, "got to treat you two like royalty." Sitting down in the middle seat there was no need for menus since we eat here all the time and Mom says something about us being "Creatures of Habit" Dad sat on the left seat across from me with his phone in hand and Mom sat in the middle lost in her own thoughts. Jordan sat at the table next to us looking over the menu with his glasses on. I never know why he sits at a different table than us. It isn't like he is eating alone, Dad pays for his meals every time we are eating out. And we always have more seats than we need.

"Jordan?" I look over at him.

"Yes Miss?" Jordan's attention quickly changes to me ready to take any order I have for him.

"Sit at our table" my short request had all the attention from my family.

"Miss I don't know if that is a-"

"Sophia no. Jordan is just fine sitting at that table" Dad shuts down my idea.

"But Jordan always eats at the table next to us, never with us." I look at him.

"That is his job." He dismisses my request.

"Well I want him to eat with us" I state pulling out the chair to my right and smiling at Jordan. Jordan looked torn and awkward between me and my father's disagreement. Come on Jordan, back me up here.

"Jordan is an employee of our family so he sits at a different table than us." Dad said slowly while giving me his Dad Look. I knew that he was getting annoyed with me. First getting stuck off in the swarm of paps and now fighting against him with Jordan.

"Well Jordan may be your employee but he is my friend I and want him to sit here." Grinning at Jordan I pat his new seat "come on Jordan, you are my friend and friends of mine eat at the same table as me."

"Well if friends eat at the same table as you how about favorite uncle?"