Chapter 5- An Unexpected Guest

Somehow my heart felt entrapped in my chest as if suddenly it didn't have enough space to beat. This isn't happening. It can't be happening. It's all in my head. Luke didn't barge in my apartment and tell me that my boyfriend was cheating. I'm dreaming.

       Wake up Bella wake up.

      No luck. Shortly after my little panic attack,
I regained some sense of normality. An envelope was laying on the couch in the living room. Even if I wanted to deny it, I couldn't. There was solid proof. SOLID FUCKING PROOF.

      Around seven months ago, I found out my best friend was actually my father's outside child. How could he even do that? If he wanted to know how his ex wife and his children were doing he could have called, but, he didn't. He had to send his outside child to spy on us. What type of father would do such a thing? Now my boyfriend's cheating on me with her. My freaking sister.

      I didn't love Jonathan, I merely had any strong feelings for him, but I did enjoy the sex. Was this karma catching up on me? For having sex with a MARRIED man? For having sex with my boss and Jonathan in the same night? Or Was it going on before Jonathan and I got together?

       I had so many unanswered questions. I haven't even built up the courage as yet to tell my mom Dad was spying on us. How would she even react?
I had to get my shit together.

————————

        I haven't seen my mother this happy in years. Usually she'd fake a smile but this time,today, her smile was genuine. She pulled me in for a hug. "I missed you sooo much baby". I chuckled. She still called me her baby after all these years. "I missed you too mom. You're glowimg by the way. This mystery boyfriend of yours seems to be making you extremely happy" I explained.

     "Aren't you going to come in. Come on Luke will help you with your luggage" she added.
I froze, gazing at her as my purse fell to the floor.

    "Luke? Mom what is my boss doing here?" I questioned making a stance . I stepped back a few inches. "Well I asked you to come yesterday because today's your birthday and I didn't want to give you any shocking news on your birthday. "

Silence filled the atmosphere. "What shocking news mom?" I asked. She laughed uncontrollably . "Baby just come inside"

    I  could hear Cassidy's footsteps from a mile away. "Bellaaaa" she shouted stretching her arms towards me indicating she needed a hug. I crouched pulling her in for a hug. I haven't seen my little sister in there months. Words couldn't describe how much I missed her. "I missed you sooooo much!" She explained placing a kiss on my cheek. "We're gonna have a blast. We're going to have a party for you Bella and -" she was cut off when Luke walked in.

     " Bella can I talk you you for a minute? " he asked. I got up signaling Cassidy to give us a minute. I could hear my heart pumping faster than usual. I took a deep breath before making a step towards him. He took a step closer towards me before pulling me in for a hug. "Happy birthday Bella, I know I might be the last person you want to hear that from, and I know you're not a fan of birthday's but I needed to tell you" he added.

    I pulled away from him folding my arms across my chest. "So this is all you have to say after you ruined my relationship!" I shouted trying to walk away from him but he grabbed my arm. "I didn't ruin your relationship I only opened your eyes. He was taking you for a fool Bella! I couldn't allow that!"

    Suddenly his eyes showed something I've never seen before. An emotion which I couldn't explain. "And haven't you taken me for a fool?" I questioned
" You made me have sex with you Luke, and you had a WIFE! "