Chapter 10-In Which She Chooses Herself

After Luke and I parted and went our separate ways I've been working at my father's company as his Secretary. Rebuilding my relationship with my father was by far one of the best things I've done in a long while.

     Well, so I thought. I thought he changed but he's the same manipulative bastard he has always been. He has no sense of class. Days upon days I'd constantly be reminded of the type of man he was. I'd hear loud moans come from his office and I'm supposed to believe he has a sense of professionalism ?

       I made it clear that I wasn't happy working with him, and out of all the things he could have done, he sent me back to Statesman. Luke's company. This is the last place on earth I want to be. But here I am, sitting in the waiting room with my fingers taping at the edge of the chair to a non existent beat.

        Clutching my purse to my side, I make my way towards his office. I stood there for a moment, hesitating on if I should knock or not. After a few seconds of debating with my conscience on it I should knock or not... I finally did. I heard nothing.

       "Luke" I huffed slightly turning the door knob and surprisingly it swung open. My heart beating loudly I stood there completely bewildered. I could feel my tiny heart shatter into a billion pieces all over again. He's still having sex with that Secretary of his. What can I say... I was his secretary...and Look where we ended up.

    I stood there completely baffled unable to speak, move or think. He made a loud moan. "Now com now" I heard him moan losing control of his entire body. I watched as he disposed of his condom in the trash. At least he wrapped up his willy. If you know what I mean.

    "Luke" I called making my presence known. Cecilia shrugged jumping off the table and pulling down her dress while Luke turned facing me. "Bella" he called. Why was I even affected by his demeaning actions? We weren't together anymore. I stormed out his office slightly glancing  my shoulder to see if he was following. A single tear fell from the corner of my left eye.

         I swayed my hips while I made slow steady steps back into the waiting room. I knew he was behind me and that gave me another reason as to why I should sway my hips. I had to make him see what he was missing. Bella are you serious right now? It's been like seven months since you guys broke up. He was the one who left! He doesn't care.

      As much as I hated my conscience, it was right this time. Luke doesn't care. I should have known that a long time ago but I was too caught up in trying to find "love" I was too eager to know what it was like being loved but instead I got tangled in "Lust"

       I sat on the chair I was previously seated on in the waiting room slightly wiping away the tear that fell from the corner of my eye earlier. I don't get it. I know he didn't love me, but yet I yearned for his touch. Was that normal? After all these months I thought he'd probably still have feelings for me but I was wrong. I was just one of his 'Get away cards'.

      If he's fucking the secretary after me, I bet he fucked the one before me. I clenched unto my purse tightly as I heard footsteps approach me slowly. His cologne was the first thing I smelt. After that round he just did with Celica wasn't he supposed to smell like sex?

      "Good morning Miss Adams" he stated standing firm on both legs with both his hands in his pocket. He keeled intertwining his fingers with mine. I gasped glancing both sides of the room to see if anyone else was looking. He smiled. I haven't seen him smile a lot while we were 'together' and seeing him smile was enough to make my day, but not anymore.

    Things have changed. I felt nothing for him. Nothing but resentment that is. Nothing but resentment towards him. I shrugged pulling away from our intertwined fingers. I glanced at the floor trying my best not to look into those compelling eyes of his because trust me, I know how charming he is.