t w o

My grandma told me to stay here. To be good until she could help or do something. It's been two weeks since I've seen her. I kind of feel lost. Then again my mother has left me alone so I feel a bit better I guess you could say.

I still go to school, I just don't feel as confident. I've gotten many complements on my new shoes so I'll have to thank Brandon when I see him again...if I see him again.

I'm still not aloud to go outside without permission. My mother isn't locking herself in her room. She stays where she can see or hear the front door really easily. I think she thinks I want to run away and she isn't wrong. I just don't want my grandma to be disappointed in me.

***

Weeks pass by fast. I walk out of my room ready for school. Before I leave my mother picks up her phone. I wait patiently on the couch for her to be done with her conversation. She taps me on the shoulder. I get up and walk towards her, but when I look up she is crying.

I go next to her, a worried look on my face. She looks at me and hugs me. It's the first hug I've ever gotten from her since my father left. She was crying, I was very confused. I pushed her away from the hug, she slid down the wall.

I was so annoyed. I grabbed her hand and pulled her up. She left go and dropped back down. I was done, I had to get to school. I walked to the front door and unlocked it. I opened it and looked behind me to see my mother.

"I have to leave for school," I say. She looked at me.

"Not today," she closed the door and locked it.

"Why are you crying?" I asked.

"Sit down," she told me. I listened to her and sat down on the couch.

"Your grandma, Mandy," she started to cry again.

"What about grandma?" I asked annoyed about her crying.

"She's in the hospital," she was looking down.

"I can't hear! You have to look at me!" I yell.

"Mandy's in the hospital!" she spoke clearly.

"Can we go see her?" I asked.

"No, what if he is there?"

"Who? My father?" I replied

"Don't speak of him" she yelled.

"I'm seeing her if it's the last thing I do," I yell as I got up and ran. My mother followed me she ran past me and blocked the front door. I rolled my eyes and kept running to the place my grandma and I would sit and read.

I looked at my chair next her grandma's. I sat down is hers and silently cried. I grabbed my backpack and the emergency phone my mother gave me. I locked my bedroom door and quietly go out my window. Luckily we were on the first floor so I jumped down and ran.

I called Brandon and asked if he could bring me to the hospital. He said he was on his way to see his mother, so he would be there and we would go together.

***

Brandon picked me up and I quickly jumped into the back seat.

Brandon turned around and signed "Are you okay?"

"Not really," I signed back.

"Who are you going to go see?" He asked.

"My Grandma," When I told him he turned around and quickly drove off.

***

"Room 284" the doctor said.

"Room 284" Brandon signed.

I nodded and we walked up to my grandma's room.

"What about your mom?" I asked Brandon. He looked down at me. We kept walking towards Grandmas room.

***

I opened the door to see my Grandma awake and okay.

"Grandma!" I said. I carefully gave her a hug.

"Brandon," she said. Brandon gave her a hug.

"Hi mom," he said. I read his lips correctly right?