t e n

June and James left to go speak to Kaylee, while McKenzie, Levi and I hung out on the front steps.

"I like you Jessica Ann,"

"Thanks,"

"What's the thing you do with your hands?" he asked.

"Well it's called sign language, I'm deaf which means I can't hear," I explain.

"So you can't hear my voice at all?" he asked.

"Nope, I'm good at reading lips though,"

"Oh, that's cool, I'm not so good at that," We laughed.

***

"Hey Jessica, we were wondering if you wanted to just live with us," James asked

"Like foster care till I can find a new home?" I asked.

"What about us being that new home?" June asked. My face went blank, my mouth was open. A happy tear fell down my face.

"Yes! Yes, Yes" I yelled running into my new dad's arms as he swung me around. When he set me down June joined in on our hug and Levi did too.

"So I'm gonna be a brother?" Levi asked.

"Yes, you are Levi,"

"The greatest sister I could ever have, is you Jessica Ann," I smiled and hugged him. I said goodbye to McKenzie and Kaylee. I thanked them for everything they have done for me. I was happier than I've been for a while now. I couldn't stop smiling that day.

I knew then and there I was wanted somewhere. I was loved not just anywhere, but here, with my new family, The Eerigold's.