Chapter 6- Back To Square One

As soon as we were out of the school I let go of the boy and started to walk away. He seemed confused but filled with joy. "Hey ma'am thank you," he said in a voice that sounded like he was a first year. "Yeah yeah no problem kid now go home." His smile fainted a bit but still remained. "Actually I don't want to go home. I don't feel like I have one."

Confused I asked "Wait what do you mean you don't feel like you have a home?"

"Well my parents never really cared about me and were mostly never home as well. I haven't felt loved or cared for since I was in elementary school." he said smiling. This kind of confused me a little. "Then why do you seem so happy about it?"

"Well if I focus on bad things too much than they will keep happening. I managed to learn to focus a bit more on being more lively than keeping grudges and disappointments from the past. Of course I did learn from those mistakes and they help me become a better speci....I mean person and move forward."

"Wait what were you about to say?"

"What I don't kn..know what you me..mean?"

Sigh~ "Fine I will tell you only because I trust you okay? Also promise me you won't run away or freak out"

"Okay I promise."

Suddenly a beam of light came from him. To be honest it was kind of blinding. I opened my eyes and saw he had two mei'fwa ears and a small fluffy tail. "I am a Mei'fwa. Huh I was expecting a bit more of a reaction from you."

I just stared for a bit but then smiled a little. "Don't worry kid I am alright." He smiled and to be honest it was the most adorable thing I had ever seen. "I am sorry to be a bother ma'am but can I sleep in your house for a few days?"

"Wait what?"

"No it okay if you say no. I know it's too much to ask since we just met. So I will just find somewhere else to sleep tonight."

'If he stays out here people are obviously going to see him and hurt him.' I thought grabbing his arm.

"Don't worry kid you can sleep in my house if you want I don't mind." I said softly. Suddenly feeling something warm around me. "Thank you, thank you!"

I patted his head and we walked to my house "Hey kid what's your name by the way?"

"My name well um..my name is Kupid, I know I have a stupid name but I can't change it." he said with a little pout on his face. "I think it's a perfect name for you. You are like a little angel showing and spreading your happiness to others."

I can tell he never thought about his name that way, but he now seemed to like it.

Once we arrived home I opened the door and let him in. His ears perked up and he started to sniff his new environment. As soon as he realized what he was doing he stopped embarrassed "S..sorry I know it might seem weird."

"Kupid don't worry it's fine I do that too," I said calmly revealing my true form to him. "Wait y..you are a werewolf? How? What? Huh?" I just laughed and went to the kitchen. When I came back he was on the couch watching a program that was left on. I sat next to him and gave him some food I had made. "Woah this looks delicious! I have never eaten anything like this before." He gobbled everything up faster than you could say Tokyo. He was really skinny to be honest and he seemed malnourished as well. I let him eat until he felt he was full and I was too distracted watching what as on the television to notice he had fallen asleep resting his head on my lap. When I finally noticed I just smiled. 'I know I keep repeating this, but I still didn't think I had found what true happiness and love was. Now seeing Kupid here with me I noticed he was like the little brother I never had. I want to take care and protect him with all me strength and life if I must.'

After he was fully asleep I carried him to my room a placed him on the bed. I sleep on a little couch near my bed and finally slept like a puppy.

----
----

I woke up to the sound of a bird annoying the heck out of me. But when I woke up I realized that I was on something soft and fuzzy. I opened my eyes fully and noticed that I was in a different room than I had fell asleep in. Looking around I finally spotted the girl who had saved me. I could tell she was uncomfortable sleeping on the couch so I carried her to the bed. 'Wow this strength really comes in handy sometimes.' I thought as I placed her on the bed. I got an idea out of nowhere and headed to the kitchen. I was lost for a few minutes but finally managed to find it. "I will make her and I breakfast as part of my thank you to her!"

I cooked and made sure to wash ever pot and pan I used carefully and thoroughly. Finally I managed to finish making breakfast and took it to her. I noticed that she was awake, she was shocked than relieved when she saw me.

----
----

I woke up seeing myself on my bed. 'Wait where is he!?' I said to myself wondering if it was just a dream. I suddenly heard the door open and saw him standing there with what seemed to be some food he had made. Relieved I waved and said "Good Morning Kupid. At what time did you get up?"

"Oh a few hours ago actually so I decided to make us breakfast. I..I h..hope you don't mind."

"It's alright you can do anything you want as long as you are okay."

"Th..thank y..you um...?"

"Ayeong." I said realizing I had not told him my name...well my new name.

"Thank you Ayeong!" he smiled as we both ate what he had crafted. To be honest it was the most delicious thing I had ever tasted. "Wow this is amazing Kupid. Where did you learn to make this?"

"Well I had to learn on my own. When I was eight I found a cook book in the kitchen a learned this recipe specifically by heart."

"Why this one specifically?"

"Well because this recipe was made by a species as well. He inspired me a lot throughout my life. He was a world famous cook, but what inspired me was that he never gave up trying even though a lot of people were against him. I know most of his story and how he became famous."

'Wow no wonder this kid keeps moving forward. He has so much inspiration from seeing and watching others. I want to be an inspiration in his life as well.' I thought as finished eating.

"Hey come on go get ready we have to leave for school soon!" I said with a joyful expression. "Okay I will!" he hurried and got some clothes from his bookbag and went to take a shower. I can now know what it is like to be a big sister.

As I finished getting ready I started to realize 'I could learn a thing or two from this kid. I want to be able to move forward and learn from my mistakes.' He finally got down and smiling we walked together to school.