Chapter 12

*After school at home*

I still couldn't believe what those guys had forced Kupid to do. Those jerks. Do they really think I will let them hurt Kupid anymore? Now I know who keeps tormenting him. I will make them pay for hur...

"Big Sis?"

I was snapped out of my thoughts of revenge when I heard Kupid's little and cute voice.

"Yes Kupid?"

I noticed Kupid looked down and start to play with his fingers. "Big..sis um...today I will come h..home by myself."

I was a bit shocked but then thought of why he was trying to hide things from me. "Why is that?"

He looked up and smiled "I just need to stay after school since I have dance class and I need to practice more."

I know he is lying. Kupid is the best dancer in the class. But I will pretend that I don't know what is really going on.

I nod. "Okay Kupid. But be careful walking home. I won't be home when you get back but you have your spare key."

He looked at me curious "Where are you going?"

"I will be studying with someone for our history class."

"Oh Hikaru?" Kupid answered smiling at me.

I nod a bit embarrassed that he know me so well now. We finish eating and walk to school. As usual we separate ways to head to our first class. I hope he will be okay...

-----
-----

When I walked away from big sis and knew she couldn't see me anymore I ran to my first class. I arrived early as usual so I was alone in the class. I sat down in my seat next to the window and started to write down something.

You see I have been writing this song for big sis. Ever since she accepted me as a brother. She has cared a lot for me even if I have caused her some trouble.

I was too distracted writing I didn't notice two older girls walking towards me.

"Hey freak!"

I heard that nickname many times so I tried to not give them what they wanted.

"Don't ignore us you brat!" I felt one of the lift me up from my chair and throw me on the ground.

"Why should I care what you two want! You just want attention!" I screamed glaring at them. I felt like I had enough of them just pushing me around like their little rag doll.

"Did you just yell at me! Do I need to remind you who I am?"

I shook my head and stood up "No you don't because I don't care. I am not being your little toy anymore!" They looked at me shocked which made me so happy. That is until I saw one of the girl's boyfriend coming our way.

"Baby that brat just yelled at me." She fake cried. I gulped. What did I just get myself into...

He lifted me against the wall harshly "Please let go...please."

"Not so tough anymore huh!"

----
----

I had a itchy feeling on my tail. I knew why immediately and ran out the class towards Kupid's classroom.

I could hear the yelling coming from the class. When I arrived I saw a really tall and buff guy holding Kupid against the wall by his collar. Noticing that he was about to punch my brother I yelled angrily.

"Don't you dare touch him!"

He drops Kupid and turned towards me. "What did you say little girl because you better take it back before you're next!"

I walked closer towards them with a blank expression. "Do you really think I will even let you touch me or him?"

I could tell he was annoyed and went straight to punch me a couple times missing all of them as I kept moving my head the opposite way of where he was aiming each punch. On the last punch I grabbed his arm smirking.

"My turn" Was all I said before I punched his stomach and face the same number of times he missed. After a few seconds he was on the ground and I ran towards Kupid and hugged him tightly.

"Are you alright? Did this idiot hurt you?"

----
----

I sighed and shook my head. I couldn't defend myself again great. I guess I am just a weak excuse for a cat hybrid.

"I am glad you are okay."

Feeling big sis's warmth made me feel safe and secure. I missed the feeling of having someone I cared about hugging me. The teacher came in a couple minutes later and we explained what happened. She nodded and I thought that was it but she looked at us both and said "The principal is calling for you Kupid. Something about your parents waiting for you."

I froze when those words left her mouth. No they can't be here. I don't want to be forced to go back with them.

I looked at big sis and she nodded. I was glad she was coming with me. We both walked out of the class towards the office. I was scared to see them again. It's been months since I have seen them. How come they come looking for me now?

She stopped at the door and signaled me to go inside. I did as she said and went inside seeing three familiar faces. My mother, my father, and my older brother.

How could this be any worse for me?.........