Converse

Eating a lot was basically part of Momo's Quirk. It was something that she had to do in order to be able to use her powers efficiently, similar to how Sato had to consume sugar in order to utilize his powers at all. Like many people, she had requirements and details about her body that would affect her Quirk and how powerful her output would be. It could be compared to Jirou's Earphone Jack's, and how they would emit more power the faster and harder her heart was beating, of Bakugou, depending on how much he was sweating. The requirements of her powers made her feel better about ordering the large amount of food that she did, which to anyone who didn't understand how her powers worked, could seem excessive.

And indeed, even she felt that she might have been going slightly overboard when she checked over her order. The list of things she had purchased was longer than the touch-screen that it was all set up on, and when she glanced behind her, there was a line of people who were impatiently waiting on her to hurry it up. Two things convinced her that she wasn't being excessive though. Reason number one being her aforementioned Quirk requirements.

Additionally – She was just immensely hungry, and far beyond the point of caring. It had been a hard day of work and there was more to be done once she arrived home and opened up her textbooks. This would keep her fuelled for probably most of the rest of the day. Every minute counted when it came to exam preparation, and Momo understood that far better than most.

She wasn't even fazed by Itsuka's comment when she placed her tray down on the table the orange haired girl had saved for the pair of them. "Wow. You must be really hungry, huh?"

Her comment wasn't particularly judgmental or rude. Merely an observation, and one that was fair enough. Momo had a lot on her plate, quite literally. She had purchased two regular hamburgers, along with two others, those being rice and Takumi, with fries with each of them, along with a larger drink. Normally, the taller girl wouldn't go overboard on the things she ordered on the rare occasions she entered a place like this, but this was one of the rare times she felt it was called for.

"My Quirk." She answered as she sat down. She unwrapped one of her burgers from the paper wrapping and took it into her hands. "It uses up fat from my body to let me create what I want. I have to eat a large amount to be able to create more things."

"Guess that explains why overusing your Quirk would make you half starved." Itsuka said, taking a bite out of her own meal for what looked to be the first time. To be polite, she had waited for Momo to join her before deciding to get started on her own food.

A small gesture, but one Momo appreciated. "Thank you." She said, catching Itsuka's attention. "I appreciate you approaching me and inviting me to eat with you. You were right when you noticed that I'm easily turned around in these sorts of places."

"Don't worry about it." Itsuka smiled, taking another bite out of her food before responding again. "Tetsutetsu and Setsuna had to bail on me anyway, so I would've been on my own anyway."

"You came here with friends from your class?"

"Yeah. They had to call if off though. Something about Monoma, insanity, and a study group by a river."

"That sounds... Exciting." Was the only word Momo could think of to describe that description. It sounded absolutely absurd and, in a single word, completely insane.

Then again, if there was one word that could be used to describe Neito Monoma, that would probably be the best one that she could come up with. His display during the Sports Festival had been a very... Enlightening one, at least when it came to his personality.

Itsuka laughed gently at the comment. "That's a word for it, I guess. Setsuna and Tetsutetsu went to make sure no one got hurt. They left while I was in line though, so I didn't hear about it until they sent me a text. That was when I saw you."