Thought

Itsuka found herself chewing on her bottom lip, at least one time a second. Not particularly hard, but it was enough that she felt it. Enough to keep her awake.

It was late, and she was laying on her bed – No in her bed. She was laid atop the duvet as well as the mattress – staring at the ceiling. She wasn't exactly sure how long she had been staring at the ceiling, though she had a feeling that it was longer than most people would consider healthy or normal. In all honesty, she probably didn't need to bother with biting her lip to stay awake.

Her own thoughts were doing a pretty good job at that on their own.

She hadn't changed her clothes since she had arrived back home from the Kiyashi ward, which was what, five hours ago? Six? Those were the closest guesses that she had. And now it was late, approaching midnight, and she hadn't moved a muscle in all that time. Normally, she'd be kicking herself for spending all that time motionless, and not doing something constructive in one way or another, but she didn't have the mental energy to even do that.

All her thoughts were focused on trying to process everything that had happened since they had been pushed out of the mall.

Midoriya was at the centre of the incident – Between this and the Stain incident, he apparently had the worst luck on the planet. Apparently, a member of the League Of Villains had taken him hostage somehow, and he was only saved thanks to Ashido noticing and interfering. Details on what exactly happened were limited at best – Everything that happened had been relayed via a text message from Kaminari, which he sent to everyone in his class. Itsuka could see the looks of clear relief on both Momo and Jirou's faces as soon as they received the news.

While Itsuka couldn't claim to know Midoriya all that well, it didn't take much to notice the bond between nearly all the 1A class shared between themselves. It was to be expected. They'd gone through much more than her own class had, fighting off Villains together, and developing relationships. They'd been through the ringer a lot more than her own group had been. They'd had their nerves tested and fried over and over again. Of course that was going to lead to them being more universally unified. At least, to an outsider.

1B wasn't a divided class, by any means. In fact, they were just as close as their rival class. They all got along with one another, bar one or two conflicts of personality between Setsuna and Kuroiro, Shishida and Yanagi, and Monoma and pretty much everyone, but there was a bond that they all shared with one another due to them being somewhat overlooked in the eyes of the rest of the country. Training together, pushing one another further and further forward, and just doing the best that they could in their everyday training efforts. And they all stuck together, and bounced one another back and forth when they needed it. 1A no doubt had a similar sense of unity, just for different reasons.

And that wasn't to say that she wasn't concerned about Midoriya herself. Know him or not, she certainly didn't wish for anything happen to him. But at the same time, she didn't have the same bond that the others did. It was a bit like his run-in with the Hero Killer. She cared enough to stop Monoma being, well, himself to him, but that was about where her concern rounded off, at least on a personal level.

After leaving, the three of them spent about an hour just sort of wandering around. Kaminari's text put their immediate concerns at ease, but that didn't story the worry or anxiety that naturally came with such an incident. The three girls didn't speak much after leaving the immediate area, and ended up separately heading off in their own directions shortly afterwards. There wasn't much else to do or say, really. No point in sticking around.

And since she got home, all Itsuka had been able to think about was what Jirou had said to her earlier.

Considering that she only just got to know the Earphone Jack Quirk user over a few hours, it was safe to say that what she had heard hadn't even come close to anything that she had been expecting. Was she seriously that obvious to people who didn't even know her, or did Jirou just have some sort of radar for his kind of thing? She did admit that her Quirk did help her come to the conclusion, so, perhaps that wasn't as absurd an idea as she had initially written the idea off as.