Tell Me Where

She wouldn't say that she was surprised, no.

Concerned with every single cell in her body, yes. Conflicted emotionally and mentally about the situation, certainly. Worried about Momo's well-being, absolutely.

But she couldn't claim that she was surprised with what happened.

What had happened on the day of Momo's release didn't help matters a whole bunch either.

Details were still incredibly sketchy about that entire event, since the police had needed to hold a number of students for a while longer, for some reason, and understandably, the ones that had run off weren't too keen on indulging information to anyone. Even hearing about it made little to no sense.

Itsuka had gone to visit Momo. As well as her own class, of course – She didn't forget about them. Tetsutetsu, Yui and Juzo were priorities on her list, but she fully intended to visit everyone who had been hospitalized, conscious or not. A part of her had felt a little guilty about wanting to see Momo the most, but she couldn't help it. She was worried about her friend.

Momo had been scheduled for release, but actually getting to the hospital was like pulling teeth, and the Large Fist Quirk user hadn't been able to get there until later, and by then, what had already happened had happened. A bunch of police officers were around the place, sealing it off as some kind of crime scene – And there was something deeply unsettling about seeing law enforcement swarming a place of medical care. And heart-gripping.

Of nearly everyone that she knew, Itsuka considered Momo to arguably have the most pertinent moral compass. She did everything she could to try to abide by her moral beliefs, even at the worst of times. She was a person who had determination and persistence, even when gripped with huge bouts of no-confidence. Itsuka had helped her in her efforts to rise from those herself. Underneath all the insecurity and uncertainty was someone who was willing to put themselves on the line, forgo the established rules, or at the very least bend them, and do what she had to if she felt it was the right thing to do – No matter how much she wanted to abide by those rules under regular circumstance.

So Itsuka wasn't surprised when she learned that Momo had gone on that insane mission to rescue Midoriya and Bakugou.

Surprised, no. But still plenty worried.

Especially after everything they talked about over the last couple of days. Itsuka meant what she had said, every word. She didn't want to lose Momo after all they had talked about. With all of this though.... She wondered how much Momo understood that she meant it. And another part of her wondered if that was selfish.

Didn't matter how many times she'd done this song and dance – It never made any more sense.

And at the same time, Itsuka had had a feeling – Just a feeling – That Momo would be okay. At least, physically speaking. A lot of people wouldn't know it to look at her, but she was strong. She was capable, and she could get through just about anything if she put herself to it. Insane as that whole mission was, Itsuka had known she would get through it just fine.

Again, at least physically.

So, her message wasn't a panicked jumble of letters and punctuation points like a lot of peoples were. She didn't send about a hundred every minute, desperate for answers. She didn't watch her phone like a hawk afterwards, like that would change the speed the recipient would respond. Not that she wasn't eager for an answer...

But she knew Momo would respond. So she only sent one. A single statement.

And then, she waited.

Did she feel guilty?

For what she did, no. Momo didn't feel any guilt for helping in Midoriya and Bakugou's rescue. If she was to face the consequences for what she'd done, then so be it.