Chapter 12

I want to dedicate this chapter to RaeganSomerhalder for giving me some fantastic ideas for this chapter! Also, I am sorry I take so freaking long to update. For some reason wattpad it lagging terribly for me. 

**************

The light pricked my eyes and I opened them slowly.

I smiled at the feel of Damon's arms wrapped around me.

I planted a gentle kiss on his chest and the feeling of his warm skin underneath my lips almost made me forget all of the bad things.

No, we didn't live in a fairytale world where he could make the bad things go away, but somehow Damon was able to save me over and over again from outside dangers and my own inner demons, and for that, I was grateful.

In all of my drinking and selfishness, I forgot that Ryan was Damon's daughter too. I wasn't the only one who lost her.

I continued to plant gentle kisses on his chest and moved my legs so that I was sitting on top of him, each leg laying to his side.

He stilled hadn't woke from his unconscious state, so I moved my hair to one side and leaned down.

His nose twitched in his sleep and I couldn't help but smile.

I slowly moved my lips to his neck and kissed sweetly. He shifted in his sleep slightly, and I moved my hands to his sides and gently ran my fingers up from his ribs to his chest.

I was happy, but each passing second, I became sad.

Ryan was gone. I hadn't even enjoyed having a hopeful item in my life for more than three months before one of our enemies took her away.

A tear slid down my face, but I continued kissing my unconscious Prince's neck.

Suddenly, a memory came crashing into my mind.

I was driving.

The road was clear, the only sound being the slight hum of my car.

Suddenly someone was in front of me, standing right in my path in the middle of the road. I couldn't see who it was due to their hooded and shadowed appearance, but I could tell that they didn't look very much like a friend.

I swerved, and without warning, my car started flipping.

One.

I felt myself being pulled away and then back onto the seat.

Two.

Glass started shattering and it rang in my ears.

Three.

The car was still, but upside down.