Chapter 23 - I'm soo sorry

1 week later...

BORUTO POV

I woke up to something tapping on the window.

"What is that?", I said to myself while looking and listening to where the sound was coming from.

I went around and saw a bird on the window tapping.

Aha!

Wait. That was sensei's bird.

Papa, papa's bird.

I opened the window quietly, as to not wake Sarada up.

The bird then stopped the tapping, and I took the letter on his leg.

Typical Papa.

I opened it and confirmed that it was his handwriting.

It read:

~~~
Boruto,

I am now at the Hokage 's office. Be here as soon as you finish reading this. Make sure you leave a note for Sarada and tell her we had to meet. We will be done by the afternoon.

-Sasuke Uchiha-

~~~

After reading the note, I wrote on for Sarada and put the note on the small table next to our bed.

I kissed her forehead and left.

•••

"You called for me?", I asked as I arrived in to-chan's office.

"Ah. You finally arrived. ", dad exclaimed as he saw me.

"Well Sasuke here was asking to bring you somewhere again. There has been some some spotting of the offspring of momoshiki and Kinshiki. It's pretty serious.", He said putting his chin in his hands.

Sarada will be due in 5 months.

Will I be able to make it?

"How long will it take?", I asked nervously with Sarada and the baby in mind.

"2 months", Papa replied.

"Oh. Then I accept", I said as I turned to to-chan.

He then nodded and he told me that I'd be going tomorrow morning.

I'm soo sorry Sarada.

•••

"So let me get this straight. You one handedly and mindlessly just accepted to dissappear for two months while your wife is pregnant?!", she shouted pissed off.

"Sarada I know it's hard, and I'm soo sorry but it's for the sake of not just others not just me not just you, but also for the sake of our future children, for our kid, please just let me go. I promise you I will return before you give birth.", I said practically begging to my furious wife.

"Fine. But you have to come home after those two months okay? And don't forget to message me everyday!", she said trying to hold back tears.

I then hugged her and she softly teared up in that hug. Then I faced her and said, "Don't worry I will".

She then went upstairs and I followed so that we could pack my items up.

•••

~The next morning~

I woke up an hour before I should leave and got ready.

And before I did I wrote Sarada a letter and kissed her forehead. And as I did I saw her smile which made my heart melt.