Till My Bones Are Ashes That Blow In The Breeze

Here it is. The last chapter of "Don't Say Goodbye To Me ...". I hope you all enjoyed this story here, even if it came across in some places something dark and too emotional.

*****

A week passed. While in the English sky, which's had shown up until a few days ago in its most beautiful blue, gray clouds and long ago the United Kingdom by the incessant continuous rain almost submerged, but because many got the ever-growing feeling an unstoppable depression. Although it had been drizzling for hours, and hinted at a possible and slow end of all, was the more than crushing and depressed mood, nevertheless, no better. Not even in the beginning. How was it supposed to, when one's own world suddenly decided to give up all existence and therefore had stopped spinning?

With the unbearable feeling of eternal emptiness and the time being conspiring against him, Robbie stood more than gloomy in front of a large window at home and looked out into the world before him, which had lost for him all splendour. But that was also true for his own person. He himself looked really terrible. In addition to a not very ugly noose around his neck, which he had to wear because of the restraint of his left arm, he looked in his black clothes more than unnatural pale and also could be under his reddish eyes make a slight shade, the overall picture of his person further underlined. That he had hardly found sleep in the last few days was instantly recognizable with a look and so he stood his buddy, at least when he last saw him, in no way. In fact, even that bleary indifference that had lingered in the entertainer for days and held him with an icy cold grip, and that one with Gary at the beginning of this story had to fight here alone, he now shared with him.

While Robbie continued to staring out of the rainy world in front of him, staring blankly out of the window, a big tear rolled down his cheek, wondering how all this could possibly happen. So he returned with his thoughts until a few days ago, when for him in a painful way not only a world had stopped, but flew much more into the air. After a scorching and deafening explosion, both he and one, like Howard, Jason, and Mark, were hit by the hardest reality of life. The tragic loss of a more than good friend, one who was all likes a brother for them. This third person, who was carried on his shoulder by one of the sudden storming fire fighters, had not been either Matthew Reynolds or Gary. It was just one of their own line who that had unfortunately broken its ankle in this dangerous and hot-blooded job. When the four of them realized that the man being carried out was not Gary and that he obviously had to be inside during the explosion, it immediately hit them like a very painful blow.

Gary was dead!

In response to that shock, which could be seen in their faces for a fraction of a second, manifesting itself as the first tear in the ensuing one, the friends almost simultaneously suffered the worst breakdown they had ever witnessed. In fact, none of them could really believe they would lose one from their midst in such a dramatic way. No. That just could not be true. Gary could not leave their common world so early ...and then possibly in all its parts. Since this thought was too cruel, each turned to the person who was closest to one, and thus sought a hopefully comforting embrace. While Howard and Jason became a unit, Mark and Robbie did the same then Ayda joined the last pair and cried for a dead friend with the two.

However, just as Robbie thought back to it and he led this memory as a picture even before his eyes, which he unfortunately did repeatedly in recent days, joined to the one already shed tear another and thus testified how deep his grief for Gary really went away. He really loved him with all his heart ... and not just for about a month. To be perfectly honest, he had had these kinds of feelings towards Gary since the early nineties. But now that Gary was dead, and he simply did not want to admit it, he was more than painfully aware that he had wasted much of his precious time in talking too late and clarifying.