Chapter5

That day shall never come. I realize this when walking down the beach to meet Annie. "Hello everyone." She says with the lost look in her eyes she had before she came back to 13 and saw Finnick. It must be hard for her not to have him to whisper in her ear when she exits reality. Their son is running around the beach, he has light red hair but otherwise looks exactly like Finnick. He tries to hold my hand, so, I take it. He has clammy hands and likes to jump. I can feel her stirring. It upsets my stomach, and by the time we meet two men named Wendon and Caspen, I have already vomited all over their shoes. They just laugh and take them off. I feel dizzy when I take a seat on a long flat rock. "Katniss, let's get you to bed on the train." Peeta says. He picks me up and walks down the beach.

"Are you dizzy?" He asks. I moan in return. The end of my braid is covered in vomit, and I cannot seem to keep my eyes open. I lose consciousness, and by the time I awaken I'm laying on my bed with a fan on, half naked. Peeta is laying next to me stroking my hair. "We are going to get you to the district two hospital as soon as we can, your mother is helping there." Peeta says. Gale. District two. My mother will certainly inform him. Before I can think anymore of it I'm back in dreamland.

I'm laying in a very uncomfortable hospital bed with a bag of ice water on my head. He is here, looking at me with concerned eyes and a hand on my stomach. "Hey catnip," Gale says. "I feel her. She is very active." I look into his eyes. "Do you know what you are going to name her?" He asks. A shake of my head brings a throbbing headache. "How about willow? That's what I've always wanted to name my daughter," I look at him again. Then something unexpected happens. I hug him. I reach up and he holds me in his arms. I smell him, he smells the exact same as before. I hear him begin to sob. "I'm so sorry, katniss!" He wails. Tears fall down my face onto his shoulder. We sit in each others arms for a long while before my mother walking in breaks us apart.

"The child's heart rate is up, the fever is not helping," says my mother. She gives me a large pill and a glass of water mixed with a funny liquid I would see my mother give to patients with high fever. I pop the pill into my mouth and wash it down with the liquid. It tastes like fresh herbs. My mother takes that stick with the funny jelly on it and moves it around my stomach. I see the baby on the screen, she is moving slightly and looks uncomfortable. I look down at my stomach and imagine the child on the screen inside of me. It is not difficult, if unsettling. I look to my left and see him. I didn't even notice Peeta asleep in the chair by my bed until now. He must have been up watching me all night. I watch him until my mother tells me she is going to lift me up into an ice bath off in the corner. She removes my undergarments, places a blanket over me, and tells Gale to lift me into the tub. I put a hand on his shoulder and my arm around him. Once I am in my body eases. I look over and see Peeta awake, walking over to me. Gale leans over and plants a kiss on my cheek. He gets up and tells me he has to go meet his girlfriend. "Who?" I ask, slightly offended. I almost gasp when he replies, "Delly."