Chapter 5

Chapter 5

When Reddit walked in he jumped about 5 feet back.

The 5 kids were sitting at one table playing a game called ERS.

Adam slapped the pile in the middle and took it.

"Ugh!" Jäger said. "I gotta look out for those bloody divorces."

Adam laughed. "Guess I win again."

"What are you doing here Adam?" Reddit asked.

"I've decided to rejoin the rebels. On one condition." Adam said.

Reddit looked at him.

"No tests. Not on me, not on them. Observe us on mission. Not testing us!" Adam said.

"Except for today's class test." Reddit said.

Adam glared at him.

"It's ok Adam." Cole said putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Be in the training room at 12:00 noon sharp." Reddit said.

Adam turned at the table. "Who wants me to deal them in?"

"Me." Everyone said.

As the game went on the friends started talking about the weapon classes. "So there is Knaves, Archer, Scientist, Spy, and Knight?" Mia asked.

"Yes." Jillian responded.

"What do you think you're gonna get?" Cole asked slapping the pile and it.

"Darn Marriages!" Jäger said to himself. Then to Cole he responded "I don't have a bloody clue."

"I'm hoping to get the knight class." Cole said. "What about you Adam?"

"I don't know. Just show your skills and you'll be chosen correctly." Adam said.

"I would be fine with any class. Knight would be fun. Science is my best subject. I can slingshot a rock into my teachers nostril-" Jillian said.

Mia burst out laughing. "I remember that! Back in middle school you shot a rock up Mrs. McGarthin's nose!"

Jillian laughed too and continued. "I also can sneak into my sisters room and prank her while she is asleep without waking her." She said. "I'm a jack of all trades! One question though. What's a Knave?" She said placing down a Jack.

Cole cursed under his breath as he placed a 2 and Jillian took the pile. Then Jäger started laughing. "Oh that's funny!"

They all looked at him quizzically.

"What? Never heard of a Knave?" He asked. "It's the British word for either a thief or a Jack of all trades." He chuckled. "And Jillian claimed she was a Jack of all trades while placing down a Knave and asking what a Knave is."

Cole smiled a bit. So did Mia. Jillian was confused. "I placed a Jack."

Adam laughed. "A Jack is a Knave." He said. "Knaves can be thiefs, Jack of all trades, or court jester."

"Where did you learn that?" Jäger asked impressed.

"I know my bit of medieval history." He said.

"Impressive." Jäger said.

"Ok I don't want to be a Knave." Jillian said. "No court jester for me."

Cole laughed. "I'm sure Reddit meant Jack of all Trades and or thief."

Adam placed down an Ace and Mia placed down 4 cards. "I'm out of cards." Mia said.

"I win again. Everyone out of cards. Come on where is the competition?" Adam said.

Cole rolled his eyes. "Come on let's go to the training room."