Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Attention everyone!" Reddit boomed. "Today you will be going on your first mission."

The 5 children who were playing some racing video game cheered. It had been a week since the tests. Everyone had gotten aquatinted and ready to go on a mission.

"Your mission is to infiltrate a Choir castle and destroy it. Understood?" Reddit said.

"Yes sir!" Everyone responded in un-perfect unison.

"Good. Adam gets a sword and chain mail." He handed out the weapons. "Mia gets a knife and this spy outfit. It allows you to change appearance. Cole gets this outfit, this equipment, and this knife. It's all you'll need for the mission. Jäger gets this bow and quiver. Last, Jillian gets to stay here. Scientist don't go on mission often." Reddit said.

"Aw man." Jillian and Mia said.

"Your flight leaves in 20 minutes." Reddit said. "Go change, and get to your flight!"

Within 20 minutes everyone was on the plane. Cole and Jäger had already switched outfits, now on the plane they switched weapons and equipment.

Reddit's voice boomed over an intercom. "What do you think you're doing Cole and Jäger!?"

"Being a bloody Knave." Jäger responded.

"Fulfilling a family line of marksmen." Cole responded.

"Give them a chance Reddit." Adam said.

"You put them up to this didn't you?" Reddit's voice said.

"Maybe. We will bring back footage of the mission and prove how these parts fit them. The idiot judges didn't know why they were thinking!" Adam said.

"We are reaching the destination." Mia said. She found Cole striking in the archer outfit. It was an armored outfit with little protection at joints making it easy to move. Still. It would take more that an arrow to get through it.

"On three jump." Reddit's voice said.

"Three!" Adam said diving out and doing a flip.

Everyone else jumped out.

They all landed out front and gently floated down with their skydiving suits. AKA Flying Squirrel Suits.

They took off the suits and ran over the plan.

Mia would walk in looking like a guard. She would be able to change from a photo Cole would take when he got to the top of the castle to cover them. He would send the photo down and Mia would get it and change the suit. Mia would infiltrate the castle and hopefully find a place to set off the bombs.

She would lay the photo there and also contact everyone. Then Jäger would go in with the explosives and set them up with a remote detonator.

Everyone went to work. Cole got up. Mia got in. Adam had a radar. When Mia found the place, she pushed a button on her com link. A red dot shown on a 3D model of the castle.

"Mia." Adam said. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. This place had a ton of explosives. Set the bombs here. Detonate. KABOOM!" She said over the com link.

"I trust you." Adam said. "Jäger. Take this."

Adam pressed a button on a circle and the 3D image disappeared. "Red circle is your destination. Blue is you."

"Yes sir!"

Jäger went off he circled the wall until he was close to the red dot. He grappled to the top. He saw a guard coming. He watched it. "10 paces forward, 3 paces back. 10 paces forward, 3 paces back." He thought to himself studying them.

Each guard was positioned about 50 yards away from each other. The wall was an octagon with turrets at each corner and pots of fire 10 feet apart.

When the time was right. Jäger pulled himself up. Ran across the wall, attached a rope there, and climbed down.

When he hit the bottom, he hid behind a barrel. It took him a while to figure out this was the spot Mia found. It was on the edge of the castle between the wall and castle, more towards the walk.

Jäger got to work. Bringing out the explosives and detonator. He wired the detonator and placed more explosives.

"Hey Jäger! I see you!" Cole said stupidly over the intercom. That startled Jäger a bit. He knocked over a barrel of gunpowder. "Ha. Better pick it up."

"No can do. Guards are coming. The detonator is set but I never had a chance to test it." Jäger said.

"That's alright. Get out of there." Adam said. "It should work."

Jäger started climbing the rope. Shots were fired, but the guards were taken down by Cole.

Jäger climbed down outside and met up with Adam.

"Mia. Get out of there. It's about to go boom." Adam said over the com link.

"I am." Mia said.

"You sound close." Adam said over the link.

"Look behind you doofus." Mia said.

Adam turned. "Oh. Jäger. Make it go boom."

Jäger pressed the button. Nothing happened.

"Guys. The detonator was cut out." Cole said over the com link.

"Thank God we forgot about you up there." Adam said. "But wait. If it's cut, how will we detonate it?"

"Jäger could go back." Mia offered.

"No time." Said Cole. "They're trying to take the explosives off."

Then Jäger had an idea. "Cole. Take an arrow and light it on fire."

"Ok. Why? How?" Cole said.

"Just do it! There are fire bowls around the wall."

"Done." Cole said.

"Now shoot the bomb and glide off." Jäger said.

After a second Cole jumped off. Then, BOOM. Cole was shot forward. Mia ran and caught him. He was burnt and knocked out. The castle was a ball of fire.

"Mission accomplished." Adam said over the link. "We need an evac pronto!"

1 minute later a helicopter landed and picked up the 4 teens.

"Cole needs medical treatment!" Adam said.

"We have hospitals back at base." The pilot said. "Buckle up."

"Well then get there!" Adam ordered. "Fast! We have a man down!"

The helicopter sped up, Adam flew to the back of the helicopter and blacked out.

"The pilot said buckle up." Jäger said to Mia.

Mia smiled and nodded.