Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Jäger heard Adam call after him. He didn't even turn around. Jillian could be dead, tortured, or worse. "It was all my bloody fault. I need to find her." He thought.

"But how? You don't even know where she is." A voice said.

"Shut up." He screamed. "I hate you."

A blue person that looked exactly like him stood in front of him. Except this man seemed more like a ghost." But why?" He said. "I'm you."

"You're a monster." Jäger said. "A bloody monster. I've spent forever pushing you down. All you do is come back up and doubt me. You're evil."

"Silly Jäger." The man said. "I'm just part of everyone. Everyone has there doubts. I'm normal."

"No. You're an evil lab experiment." Jäger said. "Regaj." He hated this. He hated when this experiment gone wrong showed up. He hadn't seen him since he joined the Rebels. He named him Regaj. He was the opposite of Jäger. Jäger had once been chosen for an experiment by some guy back in Britain. Instead of taking away all doubts and fear. They were put together in a part of him. One that showed up now and then. Regaj had been bugging Jäger all the time when his parents died. He frequently thought about putting himself out of his misery. He was a homeless, insane, lonely orphan. Whenever he thought about him the only thoughts that came to mind was that he must avenge his parents, and if he ended his own life, he would have killed someone on that plane. Then he met Cole. Attended school, and tried to participate in a normal life.

"I'm you." Regaj said.

"Get the bloody hell out of my way." Jäger said under his breath.

"Speak up Jäger dear boy." Regaj said teasingly. He put his hand up to his ear.

"I said, Get the bloody hell out of my way nasty bugger!" Jäger lashed out. He whipped out his knife and cut off the head of the abomination. He knew that did nothing. Regaj would be out soon enough. It just hurt Regaj.

Jäger marched forward. He decided to start his search towards the center of the island. A dormant volcano. That seemed like a place monsters would hang out at.

Jäger marched his way through the forest. At one point he came upon a pack of wolves. Much like the ones he met last night. "You're not welcome on this island human." The wolf in the middle said. He must have been the alpha wolf.

"I believe you have something of mine." Jäger said. "Now will you idiots step aside and let me retrieve what is mine or will I have to tears you to bits and pieces?"

"You wanna tussle? Let's go!" The alpha wolf said. "We'll tear you apart."

"Don't get too confident." Jäger said.

The wolf charged at him. Jäger kicked him aside as he brought out his knife. More wolfs came. Jäger started cutting them in half, stabbing them, slicing, and scratching. Eventually most of the wolfs were gone all that remained was the Alpha wolf. The wolf stood on its legs. He howled into the dawn. "You're lucky boy." He ran off.

"A bloody werewolf." Jäger said. "Blimey!" Then he laughed at the way he sounded so British.

Jäger kept going. His good mood was cut short by Regaj showing up. "We'll done." Regaj said in his American accent. Jäger found it annoying that his evil part was American.

"Where were you? Out on a stroll?" Jäger asked.

"Come on. I was watching." Regaj said. "You think I would ditch you? I was rooting for you."

"Rubbish. You bloody horrid." Jäger snapped.

"Now Jäger. Can we get off this subject? You need to focus on your friend who is probably being slowly and painfully cooked to death and it's all your fault. There's nothing you can do abo-" Regaj was cut off by Jäger cutting his body in half diagonally. He knew Regaj hated that the most.

He hiked up the volcano. What he saw before him amazed him. It was a whole monster city. There were trading booths, houses, stores, restaurants, parks, everything a city could be. It was on the floor of the volcano and the walls. One part was cut off for barracks, training camps, and the city tower.

He grabbed the binoculars out of his bag and looked around.

"I don't blooming believe it. The only reasons monsters are being so hostile and protective is because they have a city to protect." Jäger said surprised. "We need to get Jillian and get the bloody hell out of here."

He out the binoculars up and looked around some more for a way down. Then a hand or claw grabbed him and pulled him back into some bushes.