Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Welcome to the training room. This is open 24/7. You can train whenever you want! Before a mission, competing with a friend, or to relieve stress. Today however you will be tested in a few categories. Leadership, sneakiness, aim, science knowledge, and your skill against an enemy. Let the test begin." Reddit said from over the intercom.

The training room was huge. With punching bags, targets, bows, spears, swords, weights, almost anything you could imagine. We were in the virtual reality simulator. "We will now test how well each of you can lead a team to get the flag."

We each grabbed a weapon and the test began.

The test was run 5 times. Each time we would rotate who leads. In the end Adam was probably the best out of everyone. Then Jäger. Then Cole. Then Mia. Then Jillian.

"This next test will test your stealthiness." Reddit's voice said.

The simulator room changed. There were now catwalks with guards looking around. Along with guards on the ground. Light was projected from them. If the light was shinning on you. You were to be evacuated from the course and your points would be counted up.

Points were counted by how many checkpoints you reach. Checkpoints were pillars of lights. Everyone saw different pillars depending on how many checkpoints you've reached. You press a button on each checkpoint and your goggles show another checkpoint.

The buzzer went off and everyone split off to their checkpoints.

Mia found hers quickly. She ripped off the bottom half inch of her shirt. She used it to whip, blind, tease, and confuse the guards. She was good.

Jäger crept around and tried to avoid all the light he saw. He occasionally kicked a guard and they virtual guard crumbled.

Jillian was stumbling. However she got quite a bit of points fast. Then was caught. She had 10 points when she exited.

Adam walked around attacking any guard he saw.

Cole tried to lay low, but he was so tall the top guards got Cole before he could even get 6 points. He exited with 5.

Eventually everyone was caught. Adam accidentally attacked a guard from the front and left with 20.

Mia was eventually surrounded, she found a hole in the wall of guards, escaped, then later was caught. 40 points.

Jäger tried kicking a guard but it turned. Jäger was flashed then the guard crumpled. 28 points.

The score board flashed. Mia, Jäger, Adam, Jillian, Cole.

Eventually all the tests were finished and Reddit dismissed everyone after each subjects was tested.

"Thank you for your time. We will look over the results and get back to you after dinner." Reddit's voice said.

Everyone went back to their room and played cards again.

"What do you think you got Mia?" Jillian asked.

"I think spy. I did good there."

"I think I got Science. I stunk in everything else." Jillian said.

Jäger played quietly while everyone assessed changing there minds on what they got. He didn't stand out in anything. He was sure he would get Knave. He was happy.

"I got first in two of them." Adam said. "Everything else I got top three."

"I got too five in everything." Cole said.

"Nice!" Jillian said high fiving Cole who tried not to laugh.

Mia burst out laughing and everyone else did. Jäger smiled. Jillian was lost. "What?"

Then she got it. "OH! I GET IT NOW!"

Everyone laughed more. Then Jäger slapped the deck and smiled. "Looks like I win the pot boys."

Adam realized he was out of cards. Everyone else was too.

"Well. I suppose I owe you a congratulations." He said.

Reddit burst in. "Here are your results. In Scientist: Jillian."

"Yes!" Jillian cheered.

"In Spy: Mia."

Mia high fived Jillian.

"In Knight: Adam."

Everyone clapped and high fived him or gave him a thumbs up.

"In Knave:"

Jäger was on the edge of his seat. He wanted this. This was his goal.

"Cole!"

Everyone was confused.

"And archer: Jäger."

Everyone looked at each other.

"There are you classes." Reddit said and left.

Jäger got up and walked out of the room. Everyone was silent. They knew Jäger wanted Knave and Cole stood out in aim.

"I'm gonna go talk to Reddit." Adam said.

When Adam arrived at Reddit's office, he was about to knock when he heard voices.

"- what they decided." Reddit said.

"What blokes decided the results?" Jäger asked.

"The judges."

"Where are they?"

"In there dorms. You can talk to them if you'd like." Reddit said.

"Let me see the bloody results." Jäger said.

Adam heard tapping on a keyboard.

"Here. On my computer." Reddit said.

There was silence. Jäger must be looking.

"Cole obviously stood out in aim!" Jäger said.

"I'm sorry Jäger."

"Can you change it?"

"No. You can talk with the judges though."

Silence. The door opened and slammed shut loud. "Bloody 'ell." Jäger said walking out mad with his face a little wet.

Adam followed Jäger. Then called his name.

Jäger wiped his eyes. Calmed down and turned. He seemed fine. "Yeah Adam?"

"What's so important about Knave?" He asked when he caught up.

Jäger sighed and sat. "Back in Britain I come from a family who are rather decent in everything. They were not particularly good in anything. So we all did many things. When everyone heard we were Knaves they thought of us as thieves. My family determined to teach everyone we were Jacks, not thieves. So to not be deemed a Knave is an insult to me."

"Wow. I never thought it meant that much to you." Adam said.

"You don't have a bloody clue how much it means to me." Jäger said. "I need to prove myself."

"Next mission you and Cole can switch jobs. Prove to Reddit you deserve to be Knave."

"That's against the rules." Jäger said.

"We don't care."

"You'd do that for me?"

"What are friends for?" Adam said.

Jäger smiled.

"Let's go back to the dorms." Adam said.