Chapter 4-Why can't there just be a quiet day where nothing bad happens!"

"Close, try again." Violetsoul prompted.

James rose to his paws, turning to Violetsoul.

"Maybe they're right. Maybe I can't be warrior." He meowed.

"Well, you're certainly not getting anywhere with that logic." Violetsoul snorted. "If you give up now, you won't ever be able to do it."

James nodded. He flattened himself to the ground, and stalked slowly through the weeds. He sprang up. Though he was fast Violetsoul dodged his blow.

"You're fast, that's good. Use that to your advantage." Violetsoul mewed.

James stood still for a moment, before he pelted forward. Violetsoul let out a squeak of surprise as he crashed into her.

"Do I win?" He mewed.

"Yeah. See? Aren't ya glad you didn't give up?" Violetsoul meowed as she pushed herself to her paws.

Brokensoul attempted to push past Angelmist, again.

"I'm better now!" Brokensoul meowed.

"Your leg hasn't healed properly because you keep moving it!" Rosepool snapped.

Brokensoul huffed, turning to lay down.
Violetsoul stifled a chuckle, but failed and let out a amused snort. Brokensoul shot her a side glare, grumbling as she curled up in her nest.

"Violetsoul, I think you should go and train with Hollypaw. Brokensoul needs to rest." Rosepool suggested.

The gray she-cat nodded. Lifting herself up, she padded out of the den.
Hollypaw was padding with Sharppaw. Sharppaw looked happy, her usually raggedy fur was neatly groomed.

"Hey Hollypaw!" Violetsoul called.

Hollypaw and Sharppaw looked in her direction, although only Sharppaw saw her.
Violetsoul trotted up to the sisters.

"You and Sharppaw want to go do some battle training?"

Hollypaw's tail fluffed in excitement.

"Battle training! I haven't done that in moons!" Hollypaw squeaked.

Sharppaw's eyes brightened.

"Could we really!?" She exclaimed.

"We have to ask Doefur first, but I'm sure she'll say yes." Violetsoul mewed.

Night had fallen, and Violetsoul was cuddled against her brother. She missed the warmth of Moonbrook, but she was in the nursery with her kits.
Yowling made Violetsoul's head shoot up. Her eyes immediately stretched wide, and she made her way out of the den. A brown tabby with a pink reflective collar stood panting at the entrance.

"Lady? What are you doing here? Are you okay?" Violetsoul rushed to her kittypet friend.

She looked up at her with her eyes wide in fear.

"My house! It's on fire!" She blurted. "And my daughter is still inside!"

Violetsoul felt the fur on her back stand up.

"Why can't there just be a quiet day where nothing bad happens!" Specklefur groaned.