Chapter 5- Famly beyond blood

Violetsoul pelted through the forest. Lady led the way, keeping a surprisingly good pace.

"There!" Lady stopped in her tracks.

Violetsoul's eyes widened at the red, yellow, and orange flames. They stood tall, and a painful amount of heat came from them.

"My kit, Missy, she's in there!" Lady panicked.

Beside her, Cloverstrike nodded to the panicked kittypet.

"So, we go in there, get Missy, and leave." The black she-cat declared.

Violetsoul nodded.
They had brought Cloverstrike, Cedarsky and Snowfoot.
Without waiting, Violetsoul ran to the burning twoleg nest. The heat was nearly unbearable. She heard the mew of another cat. Looking around, she saw nothing but the fire, but a small gray figure was crouched down in the back. Ignoring the pain on her pelt, Violetsoul bounded forward. Missy was crouched down, shaking. Violetsoul grabbed the she-cat by her scruff, causing her to yelp in surprise. Violetsoul managed to drag Missy quite far, until Missy got up in her own.

"Missy! Oh Missy your okay!" Lady pressed herself against her daughter.

Missy managed to purr.

"We should get you to Rosepool and Angelmist." Snowfoot suggested.

"But.. what about my housefolk?" Lady mewed, pulling away from Missy.

She flicked her tail. The twolegs were crying, and some were in shock. Some others were calming them down.

"Our medicine cats can look at you, then you can come back." Snowfoot promised.

Lady smiled at them.

"I would love to, but my housefolk need me. After all, they are my family" Lady flicked her tail for Missy to follow.

"Thanks!" Missy called before she followed her mother.

Violetsoul watched Lady rub against the twoleg kit. It bent over to pet her, while the large one picked Missy up.
Lady was right, though they weren't exactly blood related, anyone could tell they were family. And now, they needed each other more then ever.

"Our work is done." Cedarsky mewed.

Something suddenly struck Violetsoul as they turned to leave.

Where would Lady live?