Chapter 9- Secrets that could kill

Violetsoul sighed as her head laid on her paws. Willowpaw was pressed against Snowfoot, as they waited outside the medicine cat den.
Rosepool's head poked out from the den.

"You can see him now." She mewed.
Jumping to her paws, Willowpaw trotted into the medicine den. Violetsoul followed quickly behind her.

Badgerpaw began to stir, turning to smile at his sister.
Willowpaw couldn't hold it back anymore, "oh Badgerpaw I'm so sorry! It's my fault this happened!" She rambled.

"It's okay.. it's okay Willowpaw." Badgerpaw smiled. "Did I at least get the squirrel?"
This caused the cats in the den to laugh at his question. "I'm taking that as a no.." Badgerpaw mewed quietly.

"I'll leave and give you guys some space." Violetsoul mewed.
The cats murmured a 'goodbye' and continued to talk to Badgerpaw.

Violetsoul trotted out, the new-leaf air blowing past her. All was still, but not quiet. Murmuring not far in the woods could be heard. Her ears pricked, as she dropped into a hunting crouch. Violetsoul stalked forward, keeping her body off the ground just the slightest. She hid behind one of the many bushes in the forest.
Her eyes widened. The sight in front of her was strange, and horrifying.

Icefur, Blazefang, and another weird looking cat sat in a circle. Violetsoul had never seen this cat before. He looked.. faded.
It didn't matter if he was 'faded' or not, he wasn't in Thunderclan.
Her tail swept back up to her hind legs, dragging a leaf with it. Violetsoul cringed at the noise it made. She ducked down immediately.

"What was that?" She heard Icefur mew.

"Don't worry about it right now." The new-comer hissed. "You have your mission. Fulfill it."

"But, Slywing, why did we meet here? Why not in the Dark Forest?" Blazefang questioned. It was silent for a moment.

"The Dark Forest is at war." Slywing hissed.

Icefur gasped. "With who?"

"Who do you think?" Slywing snapped.

"You don't mean..?" Blazefang began, but didn't finish.

"Starclan?" Icefur mewed worriedly. Violetsoul heard nothing. "But... but why?"

"They are angered at us for the Riverclan Windclan attack."

"You did that? Doveheart died!"

"That was the point." Slywing growled. "Starclan had it 'figured out'. Said we interfered too much and caused her fate to change."

"You can do that?"

"We have just as much power as Starclan." Slywing meowed confidently. "I must get back, fufil your mission."

Violetsoul felt terror bubble beneath her skin, and her stomach turn to knots.
What kind of mission did that Dark Forest cat give to her clan-mates?

(Sorry it's so short! But hope you enjoyed!💓)