Chapter 3- The Return

"Great Starclan! You've come back!" Violetsoul meowed.

She nuzzled her apprentice, and groomed her slightly. Hollypaw chuckled as she nuzzled back.

"Where have you been?!" Violetsoul asked.

"Places. Lots of places." She stated simply. "I made some friends too. You've already met Pebblelight." She gestured with Her tail to the calico she-cat. Before flicking it back to the bush. "and this is James."

A young, Orange, gray and black Tom emerged. He looked nervously around.

"He's a kittypet?" Icefur snorted.

Hollypaw winced at the venom in her voice. Her tail flicked in annoyance.

"Yes. But he fights like a real warrior." Hollypaw meowed.

Icefur glared at him, and then at her. There was obviously some kind of tension going on.

"Come on, let's get you home!" Violetsoul mewed, breaking whatever it was between the two she-cats.

"Yes please!" Hollypaw sighed in relief.

"Sharppaw, look who we found!" Violetsoul yowled.

Sharppaw stopped in her tracks. Gasping and rushing at the speed of lightning. She crashed into her sister, sending them both flying.

"Hollypaw! You're home!" She yowled.

Cats gathered around the apprentices, murmuring to each other. Cedarsky pushed her way through the cats.

"My kit has come home!" She wailed, bounding forward to nuzzle her daughter.

Flowerstar emerged from her den, looking around questionably at the gathered cats.

"What's going on?" She meowed.

The cats moved to the side, revealing Hollypaw and her friends. Flowerstar's eyes widened. She stepped forward to the apprentice.

"Welcome back." She dipped her head. She turned to the other two cats. "Who's this?"

"This is James and Pebblelight." Hollypaw mewed.

"Do you mean you brought a kittypet and a rouge?" Snarled Blazefang, as he shouldered his way forward.

Echofur flinched at his appearance.

"You're not going to tell me you're just going to let them in, are you?" He meowed.

Flowerstar's ear flicked, as she met Blazefang's eyes with a steady gaze.

"That doesn't matter right now, they need to rest." Flowerstar meowed, before she turned and padded away.

Blazefang snorted.

"Come on! I bet Moonbrook would want to see you! And Ripplecloud and Leafsky!" Sharppaw mewed.

"Ripplecloud! Leafsky?" Hollypaw questioned.

"Yeah! They got their warrior names!" Sharppaw bounced away with Hollypaw, Violetsoul following. "And Moonbrook had kits!"

"Moonbrook had kits?"

"Can you stop repeating everything I say? It doesn't answer the question." Sharppaw nudged her sister playfully.

Hollypaw chuckled.
Ahead was Moonbrook watching her kits play with Silverstripe's. She glanced up, her blue eyes immediately widened at the sight of Hollypaw.

"Hollypaw? Is that you?" Moonbrook rose from her spot, walking forward to the black she-cat.

Hollypaw nodded, smiling. She sniffed the air, and her ears pricked.

"Where are your kits?" She mewed.

Moonbrook beckoned them over with a flick of her tail. Dovekit and Stonekit rolled over, while Quietkit walked calmly over.

"Kits, this is Hollypaw." Moonbrook mewed.

The kits looked at her with question in their eyes.

"What's she doing here?" Dovekit mewed.

"She's come home." Moonbrook mewed.