Chapter 11- Suffer the Slient

The midnight light gave everything a shimmery blue and purple feel. Violetsoul cracked her eye open, seeing everyone asleep. She slowly lifted herself up from her nest. She held her tail higher so it wouldn't drag on the ground. The sleeping warriors paid no attention to her movements.

When she reached outside, she saw Moonbrook ushering her kits forward. Violetsoul once again thought about how risky this plan was, but her sister desperately wanted to see her mate. After all, they were still his kits. Why should he never see his own kits? What kind of life would her nieces have if they never got to meet their father?

"Violetsoul..!" Moonbrook hissed. She could hear the urgency in her sister's voice. Violetsoul lifted her head to look at her. The kits were beneath her paws. Stonekit yawned while Dovekit buried her face in Quietkit's fur.  "Are you ready?"

Violetsoul nodded. "I'll carry Dovekit." She mewed. The she-cat leaned down to grab her niece. Moonbrook nodded gratefully.

"Where we goin?" Stonekit asked groggily.

"We're going to see your father." Moonbrook mewed. She leaned down to nuzzle the Tom. She gently pushed the two kits forward.

Near the entrance was Cedarsky. Violetsoul thought the she-cat must have known, as she made no move to stop them. Violetsoul flicked her tail at her in greeting. Cedarsky returned it with a head dip.

The she-cats had left the safety of the den. Even in new-leaf, almost green leaf, the forest still seemed cold to Violetsoul.

"This way, it's quicker." Moonbrook whispered to her sister. Violetsoul only followed. The kit in her mouth made it difficult to speak.

As they trudged through the woods, Violetsoul took in their surroundings making sure no one had followed them. Making sure Blazefang had not followed them. Thankfully there wasn't any signs of that.

"Are we almost there?" Dovekit whined.

"Almost."

Moonbrook slid around branches and thorn bushes easily.

She must have done this many times

"Come over here." Moonbrook ordered. Violetsoul followed, slightly pushing Dovekit forward.

The scent of Riverclan was strong. The smells of the water and fish made Violetsoul crinkle her nose. She would never understand how any cat could thrive in that clan.

Violetsoul sat Stonekit beside Moonbrook, who was fiercely licking her kits. 'He should be here soon." She promised.

As if on cue, the Riverclan Tom's scent filled Violetsoul's nose. It almost made her gag.

"Swiftspot!" Moonbrook purred. Dovekit made a face as they nuzzled.

"Ew.." the kit gaged quietly.

"Are these my kits?" Swiftspot asked. He leaned forward to sniff Quietkit. She made to move to leave or even react to her father. Dovekit and Stonekit however, were quick to bounce forward.

"Wow! You're our Father?" Dovekit squeaked. The Riverclan deputy nodded. Stonekit's kit-blue eyes sparkled.

Swiftspot looked up at Violetsoul suddenly. "And you must be Violetsoul."

Violetsoul nodded, not wishing to have much interaction with him. He did belong to the con that killed her friend. Not to mention he was next to become leader.

"Moonbrook has told me a lot about you." He continued. Violetsoul sent a side eye to her sister, her was watching her mate fondly.

"All I good I hope." Violetsoul forced out a smile.

Swiftspot chuckled. "Don't worry. From what I hear, you were her biggest supporter."

Actually that was Doveheart. The she-cat your con killed.

Violetsoul decided it was best to keep her opinion to herself. So instead she only nodded with a fake smile plastered on her features.
Swiftspot smiled and turned to his kits. They were eagerly asking him questions.

Violetsoul glances at Moonbrook, seeing the fondness glow in her eyes. Violetsoul suddenly had a thought that made shiver.
Would Moonbrook, desperate for her kits to be loved and have a father around, leave with Swiftspot to Riverclan? How much did Violetsoul and Thronfoot matter to Moonbrook enough to keep her in Thunderclan?

(And the plot keeps getting thiccer and thicccer)