URQT: Chapter One.

This chapter is dedicated to Mieely.

AN: Assalamu Alaikum my dear wattpadders. This is the first chapter of Unrequited and I hope You will enjoy it.
😁😁😁😁😁😁

******************

    "Yusuf Umar." she repeated. "Is that really you?" She asked.

"Yeah. The one and only me." replied Yusuf.

"You are still yourself and you haven't changed." gushed Salma.

        She was really surprised to see him after so many years. She actually forgot he existed.

"So how are you and your father?" asked Yusuf.

      Salma looked at him and she felt tears forming in her eyes.

"I am fine but he–" she stopped mid sentenced and a lone tear escaped her eyes. She wiped it away and looked up all the while Yusuf staring at her. He felt bad for asking that question and was about to tell her not to talk about it if she didn't want to but she spoke.

"He died." she said.

"Inna Lilahi wa inna Ilaihi raji'uun." He muttered. "I'm so sorry. May his soul rest in peace and may Allah bestow upon him his mercy and rahma."

"Thanks. How is work?" she asked.

"Alhamdulilah." came his curt reply.

         Yusuf was a business man. He had started business long ago and he managed it well even though it was hard but now it was booming Masha Allah. When Salma told him her father was dead, he was taken aback. Her father was known to be a great man.

"How is the doctor?" asked Salma breaking his train of thoughts.
  There was a flicker of emotions in his eyes but he masked it off well and smiled.

"She's okay."he replied.

"Well then I will have to go or I would be late for work. Send my greetings to her. Assalamualaikum." said Salma as she headed to her car.

"Wa'alaikumusalam." he answered. And with that he left.

        Salma knew Yusuf and his mother since she was twelve. Her mother was their family's doctor and her Baba always took her to Doctor Zainab whenever she was sick. This led to friendship between them. Yusuf had two siblings. Yuhanees and Adam. They were a group of lovely people. They were family friends before Yusuf and his family relocated to Scotland. It was now that she remembered everything.

************************
           Upon entering the hospital, Salma headed to the ward where a particular patient was admitted.

A special patient.

     She was a young cute and fragile girl. She had wires connected to her and oxygen was being pumped into her. Salma loved the girl the day she was admitted even though the girl had been unconscious since then, Salma still liked her.

     Salma found out that the girl was involved in a massive car accident and her parents died on the spot. She managed to survived but she was in a critical condition. Her name was Saliha.

     Salma prayed for the girl as usual and she left noting at the back of her head that she would come back to see her later. May be by then, she would be awake. As for now she had patients to attend to.

       When Yusuf left Salma entering her car by the road side, he felt bad for not telling her the complete truth. But he saw despair in her eyes when she told him her father was dead and he didn't want to add to it considering she was close to the doctor. His mother.