URQT: Chapter Sixteen.

This chapter is dedicated to the most annoying sister on earth. Nafisa Hamza Abdullahi.

***************
   Salma zipped the last of her bags.

Yes she was travelling. She was going to Qatar after a long time.

She was going home.

  When she was done, she sighed, sat down on her bed and called Saliha.  As soon as her baby appeared before her, she hauled her onto the bed and hugged her.

"Moma." squealed Saliha.

"Do you know where we would be going to?" asked Salma.

"No." replied Saliha.

Salma smiled. "We would be going home. To my aunt and uncle and to my mo–" she hesitated.

"I am going to meet Grandmaaaa." shouted Saliha.

Salma smiled at her again. "Yeah." she replied hesitantly.

   Schools were on holidays so Salma thought it would be the right time to travel. She would at least get to introduce Saliha to her family.

Her uncle and family knew Saliha and were looking forward to meeting her but Ammu Zakiyya and Safiyya didn't.

    Salma was not sure if they would accept her daughter but want if didn't? They had no right to do anything whatsoever.  She was independent now and she didn't need them to make decisions for her.

They were actually the ones who needed her help. So they had to do as she wished.

   It may not be the best idea to go back to them after everything they did but Salma knew she had to.

   Yusuf was right, she had to forgive them and then let it go. It was time everything was put in the past. It was time to right the wrongs.

   Salma suddenly jerked up from her position. 

"Ya Allah!" she exclaimed.

She was to leave for Qatar in four hours and she didn't tell Yusuf.

She grabbed her phone which was lying besides her on the bed. She dialed Yusuf's number and to her dismay the call went straight to voicemail.

"Oh no!" she groaned.

It would be rude of her to just leave without telling him. After all his advice was what motivated her.  She had to go the hospital but what if he wasn't there.

  She made up her mind that if he wasn't there, she would just call him when she lands.

She quickly got up and grabbed her hijab. She squatted and turned Saliha to face her. She moved a few strands of hair from her face.

"Baby, I have to see someone now. Want to come with me?" she asked.

Saliha nodded.

"OK then, let's go." said Salma.

And they left for the hospital.

When they got there, Salma pulled Saliha with her into the room where Zainab (Yusuf's Mother) was admitted. As soon as she entered the room, her face fell.

He wasn't there.

She sighed and they walked towards Zainab's lifeless body lying on her bed.

"Assalamu alaikum Mama." she muttered. She expected no answer so she continued.

"It had been long since I was last here. Forgive me. I was very busy." she said and then smiled.

"I guess it is time you meet my daughter. I never came here with her." she said whilst geturing to Saliha to move closer to her.