URQT: Chapter Nineteen.

This chapter is dedicated to naseerabdul.

I have nothing to say today so no authors note.

I just hope you are all doing well.😊

*****************
Everything was working out well for Salma. She spent most of her time bonding with her family that week. A family she never thought was hers until now.

The only thing that was bothering her was that Zakiyya's condition was not getting any better. It was actually getting worse. Safiyya's pregnancy was also bothering her and she wanted to confront her but she had to postpone it because of Zakiyya.

Zakiyya kept on being stubborn. She wouldn't go to the hospital and she kept saying that her time has come and she wanted to spent it to the last bit with her family. She would sit with Saliha and tell her all sorts of stories.

As for Safiyya. She was worried to the brink about her mother's health and that didn't help her own condition. She was always sick, the morning sickness and all but all she wanted was for her mother to be back to her healthy and jovial self. But unfortunately, Zakiyya's condition was only worsening and it scared Safiyya. Salma always told her not to worry. That Allah would be there for them. He would solve everything. Prayer was the only way. It hurt Salma that she had only one more week left to spend with them. She would have to go back to Scotland after then. Her work was waiting and Saliha would be resuming school and she was left with no choice.

One particular morning, Zakiyya called Salma to eat with her and she sent Saliha to her aunt. When she had managed to eat a little, she kept her plate aside and cleared her throat.

"You should eat more of your food." pointed Salma before Zakiyya talked.

"I am okay. I wanted to have an important conversation with you." said Zakiyya.

"Okay." nodded Salma.

"Salma, I know my life is coming to an end. After all I am old now." started Zakiyya.

"Oh come on Ammu. Stop saying that." whined Salma.

That made Zakiyya laugh and she ended up coughing. Her chest heaved up and down as she coughed. It took a while before she finally stopped.

"Ammu, I really don't like seeing you like. You need to see a doctor." complained Salma.

"My daughter you are also doctor aren't you. Now let us not change the topic. I was about to say something. Please listen." replied Zakiyya.

"But I am not a cardiologist. I am not a specialist in your area." thought Salma but she nodded quietly.

"I want you to promise me that when I am gone, you would take care of Safiyya. She has no one other than you. My brothers would not be kind enough to take her in if they find out about the pregnancy. You are the only one I can trust and I know she would be in safe hands with you. Guide her to the right path. I don't want her to end up in terrible way. This is all I beg of you. Please Salma, don't let me down." pleaded Zakiyya.

"Oh Ammu! Of course I would take care of her. She is my sister after all." said Salma trying hard to stop herself from shedding tears. "I will do all in my power to make sure nobody hurts her."

"Thank you Salma. I am so grateful. And I am sorry for being such a terrible mother. I can't thank you enough for your generosity. I can only pray that Allah bless you with the best life can offer. May He be with you throughout everything." Zakiyya said starting to cough again.

"Ameen." answered Salma.

"I think I would rest a little." said Zakiyya as she attempted to get up. Salma quickly got up and assisted her. She walked her to her room and made sure she was comfortable before she left the room.