fifteen

*July 2015*

"So, Willow, I am overjoyed to tell you that the cancer is gone! Of course we will still call you back for check ups and scans every few weeks, we don't want you getting sick again!" Dr. Connolly told my parents and I.

Finally, it's gone.

I hope it stays gone this time.

My parents were crying, tears of joy and pure happiness for me.

"Thank you so much for everything!" I thanked De. Connolly while hugging her.

"No problem Willow, it's our priority to keep you healthy and we're so glad you're better now!" Dr. Connolly told me.

We signed forms and thanked all the doctors before leaving to return home.

So it's been nearly a year since I started the radiotherapy and finally it has paid off.

I was very ill after each session but I expected that.

It's also been nearly a year since Luke and I's first kiss.

We've kissed twice again since then. He told me that he really liked me many times but I always told him I wasn't ready for a relationship just yet, I had too much going on in my life. He understood completely.

Today is his 19th birthday. We're all going for a meal in a fancy restaurant. He didn't want a party that consisted of alcohol and sweaty bodies. He just wanted a quite meal with his close friends.

I'm looking forward to telling them my good news.

...

I was dressed in a petite black dress with flat black shoes and my hair in a bun. I even went all out and put some light make-up on.

Nathan and Amelia were picking me up. Oh I nearly forgot, Nathan and Amelia are now a couple. They liked each other for a while and Nathan finally built up the nerve to ask her out about two months ago. I couldn't be happier for them.

Nathan's car pulled up outside and I waved out at them to let them know I was on my way.

I said goodbye to my parents and Emily and ran out to Nathan's car.

"Hey guys!" I said brightly.

"Hey!" Amelia chimed.

"Someone is extremely happy for just coming out of hospital!" Nathan said.

"Yeah, I have news but I'm not telling you until we're all together!" I said excitedly.

"Oh! So basically you want to tell Luke first?" Amelia winked.

Nathan and Amelia knew about Luke and I's feelings for each other. They also knew we had kissed a few times.

"Well, he deserves to know as soon as the rest of you know! He stayed with me everyday I wasn't well and my parents weren't there" I told them.

That was true. My parents still had to work. When I was really sick after the treatment Luke always stayed with me and comforted me.

He really cared.

The car journey took about another ten minutes and soon we arrived at the fancy restaurant.

** short chapter but Luke's party part 2 is next!
Vote and comment?