Chapter Ten

Once Tabatha arrived to the agistment she as greeted with a quiet chuffling sound from Morgan who greeted her at the gate waiting for her to get out of her car. She walked up to him and stroked his soft muscle and kissed the soft spot on his nose and unlocked the gate walking into his yard and unlocked the shed sighing as she saw the jobs that were waiting for her.  She forgot that she had her mobile in her shirt pocket and watched it ringting and saw it was Clive on the call display and let it go to voice mail.

     She was done with him. How dare he invade her space that way.  She would do what she always did. Ignore it until it went away. Like everything in her life, if you wait long enough the problem either goes away or she just stops reacting to it until they go away. Even if he spoke the truth, it doesn't mean that he had the wright to jump past her defences and accuse her of those things and thought that everything would be ok. Shutting him out is the best defense she could come up with unti she regrouped and made her defences stronger.

     She took her brushes out and groomed Morgan until his coat shined reflecting the sun off of its carmel color.  She cleaned all four hooves with her trusty hoof pick and then proceeded to put on his saddle blanket and saddle and then left the briddle for last. Once he was all checked and she was ready to get on him she remembered her crop and helmet and then proceeded to get on her horse and they trotted off. She decided to work Morgan hard that afternoon and to make sure that  he listened to all of her aids and commands. He obidiently did as is if he knew that disobaying her was not in his best interest.  While she was walking around in the arena cooling the horse so that his heart beat could return to normal she heard the sounds of a lory coming up the drive and knew that there was probably a new horse coming onto the property.

     After getting off of Morgan she loosened his girth and walked him around a few lapse when someone cleared their throats and asked if she was almost done in the arena. She just nodded yes and proceeded to leave without a second look to whom had spoken to her. She barely had taken a few steps out of the arena when she heard the squeals of an excited horse running around the arena like its life depended on it.  She looked to see that the horse was all black and beautiful and had a long mane and tail and was Andalusian. She stopped dead in her tracks and noticed that the mare was familiar to her.  While holding onto Morgans reins she saw that the mare was indeed in some distress. "Cassie, is that you girl?" The horse as if she remembered the voice just turned on her haunches and trotted up to where Tabatha was and softly nickered. "Cassie what are you doing here?"

     Someone cleared their throat and she looked up to see Owen getting ready to go into the riding arena and lunge Cassie and the look of surprise on his face when he saw it was Tabatha he had spoken earlier to then he walked up to her. " I didn't know that you were here let alone that you agisted here." Tabatha just smiled " I do and I am".  "What are you doing here with Cassie and is Clive with you?" He just frowned and shook his head no.  "I know its none of my business but all of a sudden Clive came home this morning and packed his things and gave me Cassie and told me to take care of her and to bring her to the property that he just bought and the he would be back in a few days. He gave me the address of the property and told me to bring Cassie here today to get her settled in and to pick the best yard and kick out whomever was in it and take it for her. I had not idea that is where you kept Morgan.  Is that him there?"

     Tabatha just smiled pointing to Morgan "yup that is my boy. If you want to check him out you are more than welcome. He is a little sweaty after the work out I just gave him. Do you mind if I go in there and see Cassie? She looks stressed and might need a friend." Owen just smiled and openned the gate letting Tabatha in and brabing the reins from her hands walked up to Morgan who was just standing there placidly like nothing was going on.  Tabatha aproached the mare quietly and held out her hand like before and let the mare smell her. Once the mare approached Tabatha and smelled her she almost sighed looking like she was releasing some pend up frustrations of her own. "What a beautiful girl you are. I hope that your daddy doesn't mind that I am making friends with you again since we aren't exactly on speeking terms right now." The mare shuffled like she understood every word that came out of her mouth.