APRIL & APRIL

DAY 27
(Friday)

Someone kept kicking my leg . I woke up and realized it was my dad . He and my mum were staring at me . I realized I spent the night in the living room , hurriedly, I got up and rushed straight to my room . It was Friday and I had to go help Hajia Ibrahim, I took my bath , Changed my clothes and went straight to her place. I was quite late but I just helped her with the unpacking. I explained everything to her . She gave some food to eat and after that quickly, I rushed to the Hospital to check up on Efua . She was still in bed when I got there . Her parents were inside so I didn't want to join them . I went to one of the doctors and asked him some questions . I asked him to really tell me what's happening to her but he refused. I kept following him till he entered his office, and for the first time in my life I spoke strongly to someone in my life , I said to him ;"Look here doctor, that girl is dying and I want to know her condition and what I can do in my power to help her and you're here refusing to tell me . You better tell me or I lock both of us inside your office " he saw the determination in my eyes and was shocked, he just told me to relax. I sat down and he started ; "Efua's case is quite a strange one , she was born with one kidney, and I'm not saying you can't live with one but the one kidney is malfunctioning. It affecting her system . I'm afraid she might kick the bucket real soon . It's even a miracle she's still alive."  My eyes were filled with tears already. " OH GOD PLEASE KEEP MY EFUA SAFE ". I cried out . I left the doctors office and there were no signs of Efua's parent leaving soon . I went to sit outside of the hospital , so incase her parents stepped out I'd go talk to her . I was there for about an hour and a half . There were still no signs, I got up and was walking around to release some stress. I was walking when their car by passed me , I quickly rushed into the hospital and saw her. I was very happy, at least She was smiling, I gave her a kiss on the forehead and told her everything would be fine . She said if it's coming from me , then she believed . I was glad . I kept her from crying and I restored hope in her . I told her jokes and asked her some quizzes, though she was on a sick bed , she was happy. I kept assuring her everything would be fine . We were having fun and all that before I realized was sleeping by her .

I was in there with her for about an hour when her parents walked in , they were looking at me in surprise, I greeted them and walked out of the room

I was in there with her for about an hour when her parents walked in , they were looking at me in surprise, I greeted them and walked out of the room . They asked Efua who I was and she said a friend. Her mom asked for my name and she couldn't mention. Her dad was surprised and said you invited a stranger in here , what if he hurt you . Then she smiled and said , he would never even kill an ant how much more hurt me . "He has refused to tell me his name but I'm sure he'd. I ask him when next I see him "She said. Both of her parents sighed and changed the topic. I left the hospital.On my way back ,  I passed by Hajia's place , told her what happened and she was excited I could restore happiness in someone. She said to me ; I told you're an Angel. I smiled , we talked about something else. I ate some of her waakye , helped her pack her things back and left for home . I got home with mixed emotions, I was in someway happy that I saw Efua and made her happy and in another way , I was disappointed because I might lose her. I was filled with a lot of thoughts . I took my bath, said a word of prayer and called it a day .